Chapter Fifty-Eight: Drunk Me Loves Sober You

I traveled down the road a while and looked down at my phone. I turned off the location services to my phone and looked ahead of me. I looked at the busy world of individuals who had it all together. I felt the tears prick at my eyes knowing what I was leaving behind. I couldn't bring myself to turn around though. I opened the door and greeted the familiar smile. I took a deep breath in and then held it as I walked up to the desk sliding over a letter.

"Okay, would you like to get in contact with Mr. James Pier?" The woman asked me and I nodded my head slightly.

"Here is his contact information. Visiting hours start in a few minutes it will be by phone and a monitored call," The front desk woman spoke as I nodded my head and signed the sheet and who I was seeing.

I then took my place on a seat and bounced my leg up and down. I thought about Alex sitting beside me and dad. How they wouldn't understand why I had to do this. I knew Jack would wake up in the morning and wonder why I left this way. I heard the guards heavy footsteps as he bounded the corner.

"Logan Blake," a gruff voice said as I stood and placed my backpack into a locker and took the key.

I walked back with the police officer and there was a buzz. James Pier walked in and sat across from me with a wicked smile on his face. I stared at him with no emotion or feeling running through my body but I knew my heart was pumping. I picked up the phone and he raised an eyebrow at me.

"Hello Princess," He spoke into the line.

"Hi," I spoke softly and chewed on the inside of my mouth.

"Normal people don't ask to speak to death row inmates," He spoke as I looked at him again.

"I'm not a normal person... You should know that in my letters. I don't know anyone who stays in contact after all these years," I said and diverted my eyes as he snapped into the phone making me jump.

"Look at me Adams," He ordered as I found a strength in my voice I didn't know I had.

"Pier you stole something from me I will never get back. You stole so much of my family and so many memories that I will never be able to create. You make me remember that day over and over again and I wasn't even there for their initial deaths. You killed my parents. For nothing more than a few hundred dollars my dad owed you from poker night. You killed people who I loved. You took away the only chance at happiness I ever had in my life," I spoke out as I fought back the tears.

"Sweetheart I think we both know that happiness is something we all strive for but no one reaches."

"Don't call me sweetheart. Don't call me princess. Don't call me Adams. My name is not Adams my name is Logan, I wish you would use it. You knew my name from the time I was born. My father trusted you, my mother loved you!" I exclaimed as Pier looked at me with a flick of guilt in his eyes.

"I know and I know I am the reason your name is Logan. Did you know that? Didn't you dear mother ever explain to you when you were a child why you were named Logan? Huh? No. It's because of me James Logan Pier. I understand you are confused and angry how one more who is so close to your father could kill him right?" James stared me down now as I looked at him unafraid.

"Maybe, your mom should have told you every fucked up thing she did sooner," James said as I put the phone down and crossed my arms still hearing his voice clearly.

I closed my eyes and saw the bloody scene in my head and looked at James. James was appointed to be my godfather the gruff blonde hair man with blue-green eyes. He had admitted he was in love with my mother a long time ago. He was accused, found guilty, and thrown in jail for my parents' murder. He didn't tell me until I was much older in letters he had actually done it. I never believed those letters though. How could he have done it? He was a gentle giant. All I could see was my mother's blood-spattered face.