Sixty-Five: Dinner

"What the hell happened to your face?" Dad barked as I climbed out of Jack's car.

I ignored dad as I walked into the house going to straight to the bathroom closest to my room. I heard people ask Jack what was going on as he pushed through the crowd to get to me. My uncle showed up not to later with a police officer.

"I want her arrested. She assaulted me!" My uncle shouted at my grandmother while she tried to calm him down.

"Now Rob-" she would try and begin.

"Do not start with me woman she isn't even your fucking grandchild anymore. No one wanted the fucking mistake. She is the reason her mother is fucking dead! Fucking should have been arrested years ago!" He shouted as I stood at the bathroom window.

"You know it's not your fault right?" Jack whispered placing a hand on my shoulder while putting his head on my other shoulder.

"Yeah, I know it's not my fault my parents are dead. I know it's not my fault Tommy is dead either. It just gets really hard sometimes Jay where it feels like maybe it is my fault. It's complicated what goes through my head sometimes even I get lost," I said and sat down on the edge of the bathtub.

Jack sat on the edge with me and put his hand out for me. I smiled and interlaced our fingers. Jack kissed the back of my hand while Rian knocked on the door. I looked up at Rian's worried eyes as Jack and I sat there.

"Are you-" Rian asked as I gave him a thumbs up.

"We are good Ri, just talking," Jack said while Rian nodded and entered leaning on the sink.

"You know he is screaming that he is going to get you arrested one way or another right. Brendon has already called a lawyer. As long as you didn't hit him they can't arrest you. Did you hit him, Logan?" Rian asked as Jack tensed beside me.

"No, she didn't- why the fuck would Logan hit him. Can't you tell by her fucking face Rian that she didn't hit him?" Jack said a little confused and angry.

"Jack it's not like-" Rian was cut off by Zack's voice booming over the two as I sat there uneasy.

"Logan why don't you come and speak to the officers before they get a warrant to come and remove you. It is the adult thing to do after all," Zack said while looking between his two bandmates.

I stood up from the edge of the tub and hugged Jack tight. I didn't know what my uncle had done but it felt like I wouldn't be seeing Jack for a while. I hugged Rian briefly while I hugged Zack before running down the steps. I pulled my jacket off the stair railing sliding it on my body as I walked outside.

"Arrest her! There is the beast!" My uncle shouted while I looked at dad and mom would got right behind me.

Mom held my hand while dad put a hand on my shoulder. I knew they were trying to show a sign that they stood with me and they would protect me. In the eyes of the law though it was much different. I looked at the office and I read his last name on his uniform.

"Hello Officer Roy," I spoke softly and looked at his shoes and waist where his taser and gun sat.

"Hello, are you Logan?" He asked me and I nodded my head before looking up at him.

My face still hurt from the beating I had got earlier. I knew for a fact that I did not hit my uncle back though as much as I wanted to. I wanted to show that I wasn't some spineless little girl anymore that I could handle his mean words and abuse. I wanted to prove to him I was my mother's child and I could stand with broad shoulders.

"Logan, would you mind coming with us down to the police station? We are just going to talk," Officer Roy said and I nodded my head as my uncle stood there waiting for them to slap handcuffs on me.