Chapter Forty-One: You and Me

Days flew by like drunk Sunday nights, I laid on the All Time Low bus feeling like death. I had a doctor's appointment that I was not eligible to make in-person so we stopped at a random med express type place. My shoulder was released from the sling so I was excited to have a full range of motion back a little too excited I think. I had stopped taking the painkillers but about halfway through yesterday, I began to have withdrawn. Dad ended up taking the pill bottle from me about midway through the day as I was trying to wean myself off them and not kill someone. No, I was just being pulled off the pain killers cold turkey which was hard.

I cuddled myself further into Jack's blankets as his curtain was pulled back. I had my back pressed up against the wall as someone crawled in the bunk with me. Around late last night I began to run a fever meaning I was locked in isolation but wanted to be cuddled so desperately. I opened my eyes slowly blinking and adjusting them to the light before closing them again and pulling his blanket over my head.

"Baby," Jack whispered cupping my face with one of his hands.

"Hm?" I let out and yawned trying not to stretch, I knew if I stretched my body out he would know I was waking up.

"Your dad is worried you didn't come to breakfast this morning. Ryleigh also wants to talk to you about something," Jack said and brushed his fingers across my cheek.

I nodded my head and felt this stabbing pain in my lower abdomen. I sat up and put my hands out for Jack to carry me which he did as I clung to him like a child. Jack carried me into the venue I was a giggling mess but that is how I usually am with Jack.

"Jack I need your girlfriend and technically my sister," Ryleigh said and grabbed my arm pulling me away.

Once we were far enough away Ryleigh looked me dead in the eyes.

"I want to take a pregnancy test."

"You are joking right?" I chuckled as Ryleigh kept a straight face.

"When could you possibly have time to be-" I began as various crew members rushed around us.

"In a hotel room a few weeks ago..." Ryleigh said sort of in a day dream like phase.

"Ryleigh this no offense would be so bad. I mean I get it you and Z starting a family and wanting that but what about the tour. I mean yes is also should be over by now but what are you going to do? Josh is literally going to kill both him and you if you are."

"Josh wouldn't kill me and you know that." Ryleigh looked at me and I raised an eyebrow.

Josh was not one to mess with. Josh may be the quiet reserved one of Twenty One Pilots but I mean are comparing him to Tyler. I sighed thinking about how Josh would react let alone Jordan. I understood Ryleighs' fear and finally sighed nodding my head.

"So you'll take one with me?" Ryleigh said all childlike and smiley.

"I guess. I'm just telling you now though that I am not pregnant. Jack and I have been extra careful."

"It never hurts just to make sure. Also, there is a party tonight and you shouldn't be drinking if you are expecting." Ryleigh said before pulling me into the dressing room.

Ryleigh stuffed the pregnancy test boxes into her backpack and we were starting the rush from the venue to the hotel. We had a few hours to kill before the show and we didn't want to spend them all here. Ryleigh and I took a car back to the hotel we're staying at which let me tell you it was a dream compared to the bus. Even being sick for the past couple of shows, hotels were like blessings.

We rushed upstairs to mine and Ryleigh's room. Ryleigh and I had agreed to share a hotel room again just for the simple fact we felt a little pulled away from each other. We also wanted to see how long Zack and Jack could last in a hotel room together. My bet was a least an hour Ryleigh's bet was three. I have a feeling if she told Zack we bet he would stay in the room for three. We bet though on the first person to come and knock on our room door and didn't tell either male that I was aware of. Needless to say, we also had key cards to everyone's room so we needed to take these tests fast and hide them.

Ryleigh took her test first and then left it on a towel face down. She was shaking she was so nervous. I went and took my test second I left mine the same way but on the other side of the sink from Ry's. I walked out with a timer set for 10 minutes which was plenty of enough time for both tests. Ryleigh and I began small talk when we heard a knock at the door. Ryleigh looked panicked and ran to the bathroom moving both testing the shower. The should be fine right? I went and opened the door it was Rian.

"Hey, I was wonder if you guys wanted to come and hang out with everyone downstairs. We are all going to go grab a quick bite to eat then probably come back and take a nap. Mike and Nicole are staying here along with Brendon so if you don't want to come there will be people here." Rian smiled and I gave a soft smile back.

"We would love to go Rian just give us a moment to get ready we will meet you downstairs with the others," said and began to shut the door.

Timer: 6 minutes 23 Seconds

"Ryleigh we have to-go lunch. Your boyfriend requests you along with mine we will check them when we get back just remember which one is which," I called out slipping on a pair of shoes.

"Why would it matter you said yours should be negative. We will either have one negative and one positive or two negatives," Ryleigh said before slipping on a pair of combat boots and not bothering to tie them.

"Whatever, come on, I am starving," I grabbed a key card and we left the room.

Jack as soon as the doors opened rushed in to hug me. He had been extra cuddly lately along with me. I wondered if I had somehow gotten him sick. Alex said it was just that time of the month for Jack which caused everyone to laugh. The timer that I had set went off and I was quick to shut it off. Everyone turned to look at me as I shut it off. Ryleigh looked panicked as if I was going to throw her under the bus.

"Sorry its a timer to remind me to take a breathing treatment. I took it a bit early because I am back doing shows. I'll be fine," I brushed off the stares from others.

Little did I know that little pink and blue lines hold all the emotions and feelings in the world.