Chapter 3

“Okay…Jason,” He wants me to call him Jason. He’s three promotions ahead of me and he wants to be on a first name basis. I lost my train of thought for a moment, fixating on how personable we’ve gotten, and the fact that my hand was still on his leg…there were two ways this could go. We could throw caution, our careers, and our clothes to the wind and re-enact our night of intense passion, or I could take the wise and prudent approach and take my hand off his leg. I decided to be prudent.

       I’m such a coward.

       “Jason, you want to be there for your daughter, so you need to go,” I said after returning behind my desk, “Where is this recital anyway?”

       “Fort Drum,” Jason said sternly. “She got married to my ex-CO. She told me that I wasn’t meant to have a wife, or even a girlfriend, and that I should never get married again because…never mind.”

       Naturally I was curious, but I decided not to press it. “How about we finish ordering the doll,” I suggested.

       “Get her everything she wanted,” he said pointedly.

       “Okay,” I said. “Would you mind if I added something that she didn’t mention? I just thought that because she is in dance, the dolls have dance outfits you can order.”

       “Absolutely,” Jason agreed. “Whatever you think she would like. I just wish I could give it to her in person.”

       “So do I…Jason,” I smiled hoping he would do the same. “I need an address to have this sent to. Do you want me to have it sent here to your office?”

       That familiar tingle feeling came back when he stood behind me and bent down. I pointed to the total cost, which thankfully included some free stuff. Once he gave me a nod of approval I hit send.

       “If you’re still up for it we can go shopping for the rest of the stuff,” I suggested. “But I would like to go home first and change.”

       “I agree,” he said. “I need to go back to my apartment and change too.”

       “Yeah, sure, okay,” I stammered. I wanted to feel more relaxed around him and the uniform, with the rank front and center, wasn’t doing it for me. “Do you want me to meet you at the mall?”

       “No that’s alright,” he said nonchalantly. “I can drive you to your place then we’ll run over to mine.” I know what was running through my mind. I just wondered if it was running through his.

       We went to my place first. Once inside I put the Santa suit over my recliner. “Make yourself at home,” I said pointing to the couch. “Back in a minute.” I kept my cool until I closed my bedroom door behind me.

       “Oh my god,” I whispered aloud. My mind and my body started the eternal debate of “Should I or shouldn’t I.” After I took off my shirt and t-shirt, I began to unbutton my pants, and I couldn’t help but imagine Jason doing it for me. Once I laid down on my bed and peeled them off. I moved over to my closet, in nothing but a lacy, mostly see through blue bra and matching panties.