Chapter 12

Chapter 12

Right after she hung up. I sent a text to Jason asking him to call me and then went back to quilting. A half an hour later the call came in.

“Hi babe, what’s up?” Jason asked. Just the sound of his voice stirred butterflies in my stomach that flew en masse straight to my groin.

“Well, your daughter just called me,” I said. “She has a plan for Christmas and wants to talk to you about it.”

“How did she get your number?” Jason asked. “Did you give it to her?”

“I guess she got ahold of my phone while we were at the dance class,” I said. “She was able to program a ringtone with the help of a pack of sneaky little girls in tutus.”

“So what did she want?” Jason asked, grinning over the phone.

“She found out that your parents are coming down to visit you and your brother, and she wants to come with them. She wanted to know if it was okay with me and I’m supposed to ask if it’s okay with you.”

“I always want her to come and visit,” Jason said with a hint of anger. “It’s Desiree who always says no. I was hoping to talk to you about Christmas tonight anyway.”

“Well I’m at home working on two more quilts,” I said. “An FRG emergency; they need them by tomorrow, so I get the rest of today to do them. Call it the power of the commander’s wife.”

“Interesting,” Jason said slyly. “Very interesting, I’ll see you at lunch.”

“I don’t have time to make anything, but you’re welcome to come over anyway.”

“I’ll stop and grab something,” Jason said. “I’ll see you at thirteen hundred.”

I went back to work on the quilt, but my thoughts were not on quilts or the FRG, but on visiting, family. I was curious why I didn’t know about this earlier. The top of the quilt was fixed and I had it on the frame. It was halfway tied when I heard Jason’s car pull up. At that point I didn’t care how the quilt looked, but how I looked. I raced to the bathroom to check and see if I still looked like a female.

Jason knocked before entering the apartment. I came out of the bathroom as he was laying our lunch out on the coffee table. When he saw me he stopped what he was doing. His jaw was the first to drop, then the drink he was holding. That’s when I remembered that I was nothing but a t-shirt and panties. “Um…I can go throw something on,” I told him.

“Don’t you dare.”

I’m sure I only blinked once before he was throwing his arms around me and planting kisses from my forehead, down my neck, and then down my arms. “No parents, kids, or commanders. I love that I can touch you whenever I want.”