Chapter 18

Chapter 18

After getting everything on the list we headed back home then to the commissary. We unpacked everything and headed to Adam and Brett’s house to get Sky. I just sat there thinking of what the doctor would say tomorrow.

“What time is your appointment tomorrow?” Jason asked again.

“Ten,” I said.

“I want to be there,” he said.

“You have a meeting, and what about Sky?” I asked

”Sky’s going to the Activily Center and I can send someone else to the meeting,” Jason said. “You’re more important.”

We went down the street and turned before Jason started talking again. “If the baby dies, I want to know if it’ll hurt you.”

“It’ll hurt me,” I said. “If the baby lives or dies I will be hurt.”

“Babe,” Jason sighed.

“Fine you win,” I gave in.

The next morning Jason took Sky to the activity center and came back to get me for the doctor appointment. While we sat in the doctor’s office waiting to find out if I could carry this baby to term or not, Jason paced, which was driving me crazy. This reminded me of two years ago when my mom and I went to see a doctor to see if I could carry a baby or not. My mom wanted me to go to her doctor because she thought he could help me, and to be honest, he didn’t know because of the scar tissue. Now I feel like I’m going through it all over again, but this time it’s with my boyfriend.

I was called next. Jason grabbed my hand; even though we were in uniform he didn’t seem to care. I tried to let go but he held on tighter. I didn’t understand why he was being this way. We went into the exam room and they took my blood pressure and weight and the nurse left the room. “Will you relax?” I ordered.

“I can’t, you’re in danger and that scares me,” Jason said. “If anything happens to you, I don’t know…”

“I made it through the last time, even when everything fell apart,” I said. “I’ll make it through when you l…”

“You think…” Jason began, but we were interrupted by the doctor coming into a heated talk and I think the doctor knew it.

“Hello,” Major Serling said. “Who is this?”

“This is the baby’s father,” I said.

“As I was told, you’ve been in a relationship for the last three weeks and this baby is a lot older than that,” The doctor said. “It has to be the person you were with during your deployment.”