Chapter 21

Chapter 21

I was sitting in Captain Crew’s office on my day off, the day before Christmas, because I was ordered to. I was waiting for Captain Crew to come back after he heard the messages, I think he thought it was my word against hers until he heard the messages. Then he told me to stay there and went to get the IG. The IG is theArmy Inspector General and his office routinely investigates allegations of misconduct. In the case of First Sergeant Tomas’ wife who has overstepped her complete lack of authority, by giving my parents’ number to Desiree. So Desiree and First Sergeant Tomas’ wife Linda thought they could call my parents to get me to break up with Jason. Jason had been called in too, since it was his ex-wife, the reincarnation of evil. More evidence that Rosemary’s baby is alive and well. Jason came and sat down next to me, followed by Captain Crew, First Sergeant Tomas, and a Major Kinsella, the IG who I’d never met before.

“This is Major Kinsella,” CPT Crew stated. “I’ve explained everything to Major Kinsella. He would like to ask some questions.”

“Sir, this is her word against my wife’s; there is no proof that my wife did anything wrong,” First Sergeant Tomas stated to Major Kinsella. “I think we should write Sergeant Finnegan up for telling fabrications and messing with my wife, who’s been nothing but nice to her. I also think that Sergeant Finnegan and First Sergeant Stewart’s relationship is a problem and they should terminate their contact with each other, and a letter should be put in each of their files.”

Jason looked like he was ready to go after Tomas, and I was going to help put Jason’s hands around his throat. CPT Crew was the one who talked first.

“Now who’s untruthful?” Captain Crew asked. “I’ve heard your wife going after Sergeant Finnegan, and her and First Sergeant Stewart’s relationship has been cleared though the right channels.” It was like they were staring each other down. “Play the recording that took place in your office,” Captain Crew ordered.

I reached over and hit the laptop, after all, the truth shall set us free, and the recording played. After that Crew told me to hit the recording again and we heard the first and then the second messages. Jason was pissed at what Linda and Desiree were saying. Plus, First Sergeant Tomas lying in front of the Major, who is an IG, can have very bad consequences. They talked about how Jason was gay and how Sky was slow and in a special school. Yep, Rosemary’s baby has friends. I didn’t hear the recording until the next day and now I wished I had. I forgot to tell Jason about the conversation because I didn’t get it downloaded until this morning.

“What do you want to happen, Sergeant Finnegan?” the Major asked.

“I want to keep my relationship with First Sergeant Stewart and then I would like First Sergeant Tomas’ wife to stay out of the building and my life. If she gets involved one more time I want First Sergeant Tomas demoted and a letter put in his file,” I said. The Major looked at me like I was making it easy on First Sergeant Tomas.

“I think that can be arranged, Sergeant. Now if you can excuse us, we have other things to talk about with First Sergeant Tomas,” the Major said. Tomas started to look very pale, like someone was draining the blood from his body.