Chapter 19

Chapter 19

âHi Mom,â I said looking into the computer at that face that told me she knew something and I better start talking.

âI got a Christmas card from Miss Shauna and it had a picture of a man, a girl, and you. Would you like to explain?â my mom asked, like I was keeping something form her.

âI thought this relationship wasnât going to last butâ€Â¦Ã¢Â€Â I said.

“Does he know your problem?” my mom asked, like it was all my fault.

“Yes, he does now,” I said. “Mom I need to tell you something.”

“First tell me how old the girl is?” mom asked.

“Sky is seven and she’s in Miss Shauna dance studio,” I said.

“When did you meet her dad?” Mom was full of questions and the only way I would get through this was to answer them.

“On my last deployment,” I said.

“He’s older than you,” Mom said “How much older?”

“Nine years,” I said.

“That could work; he has a daughter he may not want more kids,” Mom said. “He may be perfect for you after all.”

“He wants more kids,” I said. “Mom, can I tell you now.”

“What, that he’s already broke up with you because you can’t have kids?” mom said. Then Sky walked though my bedroom door.

“Mom, dad said we can go get ice cream,” Sky said.

“Mom?” my mom asked.

“Who are you talking to?” Sky asked. I held out my hands and Sky jumped into my arms.

“Sky, this is my mom, and mom this is Sky,” I said.

“Hi,” Sky said, waving at the laptop.

“Hi, Sky,” my mom said.

“You didn’t tell me that they were there,” mom said.

“You wouldn’t let me tell you anything, but answer the questions you’re asking,” I said.

“Sky, can you go get your dad so I can meet him?” my mom asked.