Chapter 9: We Watch Our Stars

3rd Person POV

Day 8. Day 8 out of 10. There wasn't much time left for Shuichi. If he didn't love someone before the end of the 10 days, what would happen? Would he be left in this school for the rest of his life? Would he be punished? Would he die? Those were the thoughts Shuichi had in his mind. They were making him stressed, but he would feel himself relax when thinking of the purple haired lair. Shuichi has a crush on Kokichi, that much was clear, but does he love the mysterious boy? Shuichi has never felt love for people other than his uncle, but that was family love, not romantic love. Shuichi just didn't know.

He was curently eating breakfast. Kokichi was on his left and his friend Kaito on his right. The ultimate Astronuat had been pretty buddy-buddy with the detective, he would often ask to hang out. Shuichi thought maybe Kaito had a crush on him. But, he didn't feel the same way. 

Once he finished his breakfast, Kaito grabbed his hand and took him away from the others, to presumibly hang out. (This isn't becoming a saimota I swear.)

"C'mon sidekick! lets hang out!" He shouted while leading the detective out of the room.

Shuichi took one last look Kokichi. The boy had a small face of dissapointment and sadness. He looked back at his food with a frown as he heard the dinning room door closing. Shuichi wanted to hang out with him again, but he didn't want to be rude to Kaito so he went with him, but the detective told himself that he would meet up with the leader later.

Kokichi sighed and stood up to put his empty plate of food in the sink. Without Shuichi, he didn't have anyone to hang out with. He put the plate in the sink then decided to do the dishes to kill time. All while doing so the he keep finding the dark haired detective make his way back into his brain over and over.

What was it about that boy that Kokichi couldn't stop thinking about? Was it his beautiful golden eyes he would actionally see through that hat? Was it his cute and caring personality that Kokichi loved so much? Or was it the kindness Shuichi had shown him? Kokichi was still surprised that the detective had helped him when he cut his finger. No one besides his Dice members had done something like that to him. And way did Shuichi keep wanting to hang out this this lair? Kokichi was so in depth with his thoughts, that he didn't hear the blonde pianist calling him and tapping his shoulder.

"Kokichi!" She shouted, snapping the small boy out of his thoughts.

"H-huh!? What?" He responded.

"Are you okay? You've been washing the same plate for about 5 minutes."

"I'm fine. Why wouldn't a leader like me be nothing but great!" Kokichi said with a smile.

"Well..you look distracted." Kaede informs.

"I was just in deep thought about things." He says going back to washing plates and cups.

"Is it about someone?"

Kokichi stop cleaning a cup and turns his head to her with a red face. "H-huh!? No!"

"So I was right!" Kaede says happily, clasping her hands together.

"Are you having love problems? If so I can try and help."

"N-no thanks." Kokichi reclines still with a blush filled face.

"So you do have love problems!" The pianist smiles.

"F-fine! I do! But I don't need help!"

Kaede raises her eye brow with a douptful face.