Episode 3: Sharp Knifes and New Feelings

Kokichi's POV

     As my eyes open, the tea party of yesterday filled my brain. Recently I've started feeling something strange in me when I'm with that ultimate detective. I've never felt like this before, let alone towards someone. What are this feelings? Are they bad? As the ultimate supreme leader, I of all people should know this. It's a feeling in my chest that makes my face heat up, and makes me feel....nice?..In a way. It's probably nothing, so I ignore them. I put on a new pair of my white-ass outfit, quickly comb my hair, then walk out the door. When I reach the dinning hall, I see Kirumi making breakfast. She's the only one who puts up with me besides Shuichi. It's only been a few days and I've managed to already annoy everyone. I shrug off the thought and make my way to mom.

"Hi mommy!" I say as I stand next to her. She sighs at the nickname.

"Good morning Kokichi. How was your sleep?" She asks while still making breakfast.

"It was great! I slept like a baby! Anyway, can I help in you make breakfast?" I say with puppy dog eyes and fist in front of my chest like a kid. She raises her eyebrow at me, but gives me a bowl with whats probably pancake mix.

"Stir this until it's smooth then please set the table." 

"O-kay!" 

    I do what she says and start to stir the mixture. After about five minutes it's smooth so I give her the bowl. I then grab the plates and silverware and set them nicely on the table by each seat. Even though I'm a supreme leader of evil, presentation is still important! Five more minutes go by and people start coming in the dinning room. I take a seat near the edge of the table and Kirumi starts serving the people who were there. 

    I see Shuichi and Kaito walk in chatting. When I look at Shuichi I feel my heart flutter, and when we make eye contact, my heart skips a beat. While eating I think about these feelings. After a while of thinking, I discover a possible theory. Is this a crush? No. I've only known him for a couple days. Besides, supreme leaders don't get crushes. Once I finish eating, I outside and sit at a tree. A bit afterwards, Shuichi comes up to me suggesting we hang out again, and I can feel my face heat up.

"Hey Shuichi, let's have a proper battle today. How about we play a game called the Burning Apology?" I suggest.

"The burning apology!?" He says worryly.

"Yup! Beg my not to kill you, while kneeling on a burning hot metal plate! If you reeaally want to live, then I know you can do it!" 

"I can't do that, I would die! And that doesn't sound like a game!" He defends.

"Huh. So you figured it out." I say.

"Of course I figured that out." 

"Then, how about the....Steel Beam Walk?"

"Steel Beam Walk?" He asks while putting a finger to his chin. He looks cute when he thinks..wait what?

I explain to him what the steel beam walk is. "You walk across on a thin steel and make it to the other end without falling! Then you win!"

"Ah...that sounds....alright." He responds skeptically. 

"By the way, the beam is placed between two buildings. There's also electricity involved." I add.

"And of course, you plan on crossing it as well?"

"Of course I'm gonna cross it! I'm pretty confident when it comes to balancing! But that's a lie! So no! I won't go!"

"Is there anything else we can do? I want a game of life-or-death." I ask, seeing if he would actually suggest something.

"Kokichi, these challenges... The idea is that if I win, I don't die correct?"