Episode 7: Watching With Soft Hands

Kokichi's POV

I wake up earlier than usual. I didn't get much sleep last night due to that fact that I slept during the day, and that I FELL ASLEEP ON SHUICHI. I can already feel myself blushing as I get changed and walk out to the dinning hall. When I walk in I don't see anyone in the room yet. I guess I got up before Kirumi. I decide to be helpful to my fake mommy. I get out some equipment she usually uses when cooking breakfast, and some ingredients. Soon enough, Kirumi walks in and thanks me for setting things up for her. While she cooks she asks me how I'm doing with Shuichi. I blush while telling her that were just friends and that things are fine. When I say that she just smiles and chuckles a slightly, then goes back to cooking. 

Everyone walks in and either ignores my existence or just looks at me with an annoyed look. I shrug it off, but Shuichi greets me with a smile and a wave when he walks in. My face heats up and I just wave back at him. Everyone finishes their food and goes on with their day. Once Shuichi finishes he walks up to me with that adorable smile.

"Hello Kokichi." He says.

"Hey Shumai!" He blushes at the nickname and I giggle at him.

He hands me another ticket with a blush face.

"Do you want to hang out again?"

"Of course I do! No need to ask!" I say while taking the ticket and stuffing it into my pocket, with a warm feeling in my stomach and a blush that I try to get rid of.

"So what'cha wanna do today Shumai?"

"H-how about we watch a move in the AV room?" He suggest.

"Sound great! Lets go!"  I take his hand in mine, and lead us to the AV room. I'm sure he knows where it is but, I just wanted an excuse to hold his hand. I shake the though off once we reach the room.

"What kind of movie do you want to watch Kokichi?" He asks while scanning the many movie cases on the shelves.

"Shuichi, let's watch a horror movie!" I shout. I actually don't like horror movies, but I want to show Shuichi that I'm not scared of anything.

"Sure." He says with a soft smile. He rummages through some movie cases until finds a horror movie and walks over to insert it into the TV. I'm already getting nervous. I resist the urge to shake, seeing the screen turn on and start to play the movie. I'm tense while it plays, nervously awaiting the next jump scare. I jump in my seat on the couch when a knife welding man comes out of no where and stabs a scardly walking girl.

My body begins to shake as I can't hold my fear in anymore. I close my eyes as I hear the blood curdling screams coming through the screen. I hate murder to begin with, so no way am I going to watch it as it's happening. Even if it's fake, I still hate murder. My eyes shut tighter, not wanting to look at the screen.

I suddenly feel my shaking and clenched hand be meet with something warm and soft. I open my eyes and look to see Shuichi with his hand over mine in a way to comfort me. He looks at me with a worried look plastered on his beautiful face. His thumb moves up and down on my hand and he smiles sweetly at me. My hand unclenches, nail mark appearing from how hard my hand was closed. 

"Are you ok? Do you want me to stop the movie?" Shuichi says with concern in his voice.

"No way! I'll be fine..." I reply trying to keep my confidence. He gives me another sweet smile.

"Okay. But if you get scared again, we can stop watching this and watch something else." I give him a nod and turn my attention back to the wide screen. He puts my hand in his, and intertwines our fingers, as a way of saying that he's there. I squeeze his hand a little and he squeezes me back. I feel myself stop shaking and just taking in the feeling of his soft hands.

Shuichi's POV

I saw Kokichi shaking, and without thinking, I put my hand atop his to comfort him. He flinched but did pull away. I moved my thumb around his hand to ease his shaking. His hand is really soft and small. He stops shaking and I feel him relax. I asked him if he wanted to stop the movie and he said no to it. I suppose he wants to prove himself, but failing at doing so. I don't mind though, seeing him like this is very rare, and I want to comfort him. 

I fully hold his hand and intertwine our fingers, and continue to watch the horror movie. In the corner of my eye I see a faint redness on his pale cheeks. I smile to myself. My own face becomes warm as I realize what I just did. I can't believe I really held Kokichi's hand, that's super embarrassing! 

The movie finishes up and we decide to watch something more light hearted. Kokichi gets up from the couch, my hand feeling empty without his, and looks around the room to find a good movie. He finds a movie and puts it into the TV then plops down on the couch again. My hand feels cold and empty without his. I start watching, then I feel a warmth in my palm. I look and see Kokichi's hand back in mine and he's looking away with a blush face. I smile and lightly squeeze his hand, earning a squeeze in return.

Time Skip

After a few more movies, laughing, and hand holding, we part ways for the night. When ever Kokichi's hand is away from mine, I feel like somethings missing. I reach my room and lock the door after I enter, and immediately jump onto my bed burying my head into the covers. My head turns and I look at my hand. Compared to Kokichi's, his hand is much smaller than mine. It's cute. I blush and cover my face with a pillow.

I feel many things when I'm with Kokichi. Happiness, comfort, relief.... He just makes me feel nice, and I like being around him. I change into my usual night clothes and pull my covers over me. I hope Kokichi likes being around me and feels what I feel. I hope we can keep hanging out. 

I hope...

I can leave with him.

I hope you guys liked this one! I had fun writing it! Thank you for reading and voting, I really appreciate it! <3