The King

After exiting the forest Carter noticed more plains that followed a few miles and miles as they travel down the dirt trail. Heading towards the capital city where is suppose to be the most populated city in the kingdom.

"Is something wrong?" ,-asked Carter looking over at Amarissa with a different expression.

"No, nothing but I should recommend lowering your head." ,-said Princess Amarissa signaling him to head down.

"What wh..." ;-he thought jumping to the floor of the carriage hiding as they enter to the capital city. "Thanks..." ,-Carter said while laying on the floor of the carriage as citizens began swarming in waving and greeting princess in the carriage.

"It's the very least I can do." ,-she replied quietly as she waves her citizens.

"Woah...she changed her attitude completely." ,-Carter thought sneak peaking around they are passing through the city streets. "Looks somewhat medieval settings...wait...never mind." ,-he thought as most of the building were made out of wood only the walls of the city were made out of stone and concrete. But then seeing a group of people with capes and different types of wands and staffs. It reminded him that this is a fantasy setting.

Entering the capital city of Dalia Kingdom, with an estimate of around 1 billion registered citizens. It was quite a large city housing large portion along it being a very popular destination for the trade market. Compared to other cities in the kingdom.

Reaching closer to the presuming huge castle at a size of an enormous size compared to the other surrounding buildings. Then Amarissa told Carter to wait at the gate but thanks to his short attention span. He was amazed of his surroundings. Carter hasn't seen such buildings only in a few books in his early childhood.

————————————————————

In a blink of an eye he was already in the throne room in front of the motherfucking king himself siting on his throne.

"My daughter has already briefly explained to me about what you did and the situation your in. Considering of your actions, as King I have granted you to allowed walk through the castle but be respectful with the residents. Along with my daughters request she seems very interested in you.

"I told you to leave that part out!" ,-yelled the princess storming in to the throne room.

"Oh...Did I? A princess is not suppose to raise her voice like that " ,-said the King

"Oh! Shit! Oh! Shit." ,-Carter noticed for a moment he thought something was going down but then Carter realized this could be how they interact with each other a farther and daughter. And here himself an outsider witnessing this first hand. "Yes, my king."

"Oh my, it's been a while since some had addressed me like that." ,-said the King in a surprising manner shocking Carter once again breaking his expectations.

"Is that wrong?" ,-asked Carter lookin up at the King confused.

"No, it's just this kingdom was created 3 years ago and I'm still not used to it from time to time." ,-said the King

"3 years? Can you tell me what happened?" ,-asked Carter curiously to the King, "Wait? They stopped fighting?" ,-he remembered a few seconds earlier.

"You're a traveler so maybe you were not affected by the empire in which later broke down creating 2 kingdoms. The Dalia kingdom and the Agricuria Kingdom, they specialize in ... while we .....

"Are there any other groups?",-Carter asked carefully to the King trying to gather some information of this place.

"Oh! Right, there are others like right now theirs two different types for the following species. Elves, Dwarfs, Demons, Beast men, and...the rest well they never interact with the rest. " ,-said the King informing Carter that theirs more species than just humans.

"And what's going on now?" ,-asked Carter as it seemed like the castle is heavy fortified even overhearing some of the servants in the castle while entering a few minutes before entering in the throne room.

"Well theirs the neighboring kingdom Agricuria, they are trespassing into our borders. Their expanding their kingdom for their agricultural by force. Soon war will irrupt if they continue pushing like this. But I heard from my daughter with your skills that she presented. Theirs a good chance we could end this conflict once and for all." ,-said the King hinting to Carter that something is going to happen.

"What's this old man thinking?" ,-Carter thought as a guard came in rushing through the throne room.

"Sorry you majesty, they have a message directed to you my King." ,-announced the guard.

"Hmm...so soon? I will inform you more tomorrow, your allowed to leave now." ,-said the King as he had another matter to attend.

"Yes, your majesty." ,-Carter excused himself out from the room followed by the princess.

"Your Father is sure peculiar." ,-Carter commented walking down the hall of the castle.

"Yes, I didn't expect for him to react that this. Is was rather extremely friendly towards you." ,-said Amarissa as she guides him to his room.

___________________________________