The King's Gift/Underground City

Once being escorted by the Royal knight into the front gates both Carter and Clare walked inside as the main gate closes and the second gate opened.

They followed the line of guards standing in a position to the throne room. Carter already knew the area so Clare just followed him as two other royal guards opened the doors that led to the throne.

"Welcome warrior looks like you managed to take over the fortress without much trouble. You are indeed strong but it would seem like you have gotten even stronger now." ,-The King noticed something different in Carter, and also he spotted another person a girl with the same style of clothing as Carter. "There's another!",-The King questioned himself.

"Yes, there were many Agricuria soldiers in the area.",-Carter recalled retaking the fortress and the arrival of the additional enemy troops headed to the fortress.

"Not only did you liberate the fortress but you credited my soldiers for reclaiming the fortress. The people are spreading the news for the Dalias army successfully reclaiming their land, and now I was thinking of something. Here, have this map, the circled region several miles from here. That land belongs to you lord." ,-The king announced

"Lord?" ,-Carter was confused by this odd proposition from the King.

"Yes, a Lord. You have helped us not only once by twice, so as a King I should reward those who accordingly deserve it." ,-King, "Don't worry about the Agricuria doing something any time soon. Looks like your intervention has halted whatever plans they had for the moment. So rest easy now with your new land, Lord. If there's any trouble I can get in contact with me or I could send a messenger to your new home." ,-The King finally finished, "You can go now."

Carter was awarded plenty of money and land on his name now. While Clare followed him a bit shocked herself not knowing that the hell has Carter had been doing this the whole time.

While Carter exited the throne room he was intercepted by the princess. "Woah, hello it's been a while." ,-Carter was surprised for a moment.

"Yes, it had been some time." ,-Amarissa greeted Carter.

Carter could see the other newly appointed guard had also joined in guarding Amarissa while they talked. "Is there something you want to tell me?" ,-He could sense that she was worried about something most likely.

"...your right, there's something. I recently have heard of a rumor that several citizens have started to panic about possible huge kidnappings down in the underground city. I tried to bring this up to the king but my father didn't take it seriously. I was hoping that you could figure out what exactly is going on down below." ,-Amarissa made a request.

"Okay, I could help but I need some additional funding or something for this sudden mission." ,-as much as Carter was curious about the giant hole located in the center of the capital. That leads to the underground city. He hasn't gotten much rest since well since he arrived at this unusual land.

"Yes, I do have several items and equipment that will be useful to you." ,-Amarissa recalled having some old gifts from her father, "They will be ready in a day."

"Okay see you soon, will try and get this sorted out." ,-Carter said bye to the princess, and both Clare and .... glanced at each other.

"What was that about?",-Clare asked as they began exiting the castle.

"I think the king wants me to be close to the capital. I could have just given me an award but instead, he gave land from a deceased lord. Along with some basic funding, so he's trying for me to settle down to the Dalia's Kingdom."

"I guess but that about the princess told you. Even if she's the prettiest thing I have ever seen." ,-Clare continued talking.

"We should probably check that out. You have surprisingly been calm considering what we have experienced and could have possibly entered into another world for all we know."