Rebuilding Defenses

Carter finally liberated the castle and now he's reinforcing multiple defenses around the structure from a possible invasion.

But he had other plans, Carter needs to complete before any Agricuria troops may arrive to his location.

"What's happening over there." ,-He noticed a group of armed individuals appearing out of the forest.

"Looks like it didn't go well.", -he took note as the four remaining adventures looked exhausted from sight. Not even mentioning they were all covered in dried blood carrying a monster corpse. As they dragged the monster's body Carter noticed they were carrying more equipment for a fifth person probably they lost someone. Well assuming that their was another member in the team.

"Alright no distractions we need to check over with the surrounding villages, cause we need more people to help build the defenses faster around the castle." ,-Carter mentioned heading to the first village in sight.

————————————————————

Back in the castle a few hours later Carter began planting down traps laced in TNT across the field facing the opposite kingdom for miles ahead.

"Looks good." ,- he thought finishing the last trap he had in place. But then he remembered. "If one explodes then the rest will denotate." ,-Carter began walking back to the castle.

Arriving back to the castle Carter saw the reinforments he needed, "Looks like they arrived just in time. In the distance a decent size force of last minute militia that the head elders have managed to round up.

Now with the help of 300 more villagers and with additional tools they brought in have finally arrived. In smaller units the villagers managed to dig with their shovels, multiple layers of trenches around the castle for several hours.

After preparing, shoveling for several days and transporting logs as makeshift barriers for the possible incoming siege. And changing the terrain in the open field turning to a huge obstacle.

"Wait, there's a river nearby ?" ,-Carter realized as an idea came all on a sudden.

"Yes...What do you have in mind." ,-asked one of the elders curiously as Carter seemed to have an has very interesting ideas that his life never has heard before.

"Well...." ,-Carter stopped as his plan was already set.

————————————————————
*Back to the border Castle in the west side*
"So what exactly are we going here?" ,-asked the elder Edgar are they look at the river hidden with the deep forest.

"You see, we have a river nearby and see if we can transport some of the water far back ahead from the TNT field. And then turn the land into a temporary mud field." ,-said Carter as his plan played out in his mind.

"What is that going to do?" ,-asked the elder Edgar as he sees the now makeshift carriages pulling down water from the river transporting it the Carter's location.

"It will buy us some time in halting the heavy infantry as well and possibly cavalry depending on how much time we have until they arrive." ,-said Carter checking what else there needs to be done.

"I see, thank for warning us of the attack." ,-said elder Edgar from all his year of experience such simple plans could be useful to help him and his people.

"No problem, just get everyone out of here one the final obstacle is ready." ,-said Carter

"We'll be gone as soon as it's done." ,-confirmed the elder walking to see how the rest of the elders are doing.

—————————————————————

A day later Carter spotted a few scouts of soldiers ahead.

"Looks like it's time.",-Carter moved to the upper levels of the castle. "I need inform the villagers to go leave the area."

—————————————————————
(Pabaxel's note: Nothing is permanent, there will be changes. I'll try think of better ideas as time goes on. So please watch out for changes. Have a great day.)
—————————————————————