Chapter Five

I'm having an internal debate about whether or not I'm going to include ScarletVision, I am conflicted. Please decide for me in the comments. Majority rules. Probably.

//////////////////////////////////////////////

LONDON

MAY 5, 2016

Pietro squirmed in his seat. He was desperately trying to sit still, but his super speed wanted out. He'd been cooped up all day.

He was at a funeral now, for Steve's friend, and the founder of SHEILD, Peggy Carter. He knew that he had to behave. It would be remarkably rude if he didn't. But still.

Wanda usually would have scolded him by now. But she wasn't there. After Lagos, the Avengers needed passports and visas- something the twins didn't have. Tony had managed to get both for Pietro, but neither for Wanda. Apparently, people thought that she was too dangerous. It made Pietro's blood boil.

He had wanted to stay behind at the facility with her, but Nat said no. She and the other Avengers decided it would be best to have as many Avengers who had agreed to sign the Accords in Vienna as possible, so Vision was the only one who stayed with Wanda.

Pietro's mind wandered, and he didn't realize that he was rapidly tapping his foot until Nat slapped his arm. "Stop it, Maximoff-Barton. This is almost over, and then you can change and take a run. But stop it, you're being rude," She whispered harshly.

"Sorry, Tasha."

"D*** right."

The woman talking- Peggy's niece, Pietro was pretty sure- said something that caught the twin's attention. "Aunt Peggy always said, 'If someone tells you to move, plant yourself like a tree and say, 'No. You move.''"

The words swirled in Pietro's head. "No, you move." He shook his head slightly to clear it.

'You ok?' Wanda's voice rang in his head. Even thousands of miles apart, they still had their link.

'Yeah. Just bored.'

'Pietro!'

'Well, I am. I'm sorry if that makes me rude.'

He heard her roll her eyes. 'It's a wonder anyone puts up with you."

"I can be charming when I want to be.'

'Now is not one of those times.'

'No, it is not.'

Wanda laughed.

'Have you decided whether or not you're signing?'

'Still deciding.'

'How are you still deciding?'

Wanda was silent.

'You haven't signed because you agree with Steve, but don't want to disagree with me.' He made it a statement.

'Yeah,' Wanda admitted. 'I'm sorry, Piet. I just- I just KNOW that I won't be able to live with myself if I legally agree to something I don't morally agree with.'

'But you'll have to retire.'

'Yeah, like Dad. I'd just go home. Would that be so bad?'

'It wouldn't be if I didn't know that you'd still try to help people.'

'That sentence right there says why the Sokovia Accords are stupid.'

'Can we just be done with this conversation?'

'You don't want to admit that I'm right that much? But yeah, sure. Oh, sh**, I gotta go. Vizh is calling me for something. I probably need to focus on that. Talk later?'

'Talk later,' Pietro agreed.

Sam tapped Pietro's shoulder. "Hey, Maximoff-Barton. It's time to go."

"Oh, ok," He said aloud. His inside dialogue was much more, 'THANK GOD! FINALLY!'

They walked out of the church and Pietro immediately took off like a shot, arriving at the hotel in a few seconds. He sighed happily, relieved to finally be able to use his powers. He had no idea how Wanda was so good at keeping it in. Probably because she did let it out in small amounts, twirling it in her fingers when she was bored.

He walked to his room. A couple of girls were staring at him and giggling, blushing furiously. He winked at them before entering his room, making them hysterical.

'Womanizer,' Wanda's voice scolded him.

'I am not.'

'Are to.'

'Am not.'

'Are to. That old Britney Spears song is basically your theme song.'

'It is not!' His phone dinged. He looked down at it. Wanda had sent him a link to the song, along with a message that read 'You sure about that, sweetie?'

Pietro rolled his eyes.

Wanda laughed before leaving the conversation part of their link.

"Frick you," Pietro muttered aloud before grabbing a snack from the fridge. As always, he was starving.

Sam came in as Pietro ate a sandwich. The man rolled his eyes, grabbing a jar of peanut butter and some jelly. Pietro wrinkled his nose. Peanut butter and jelly were delicious separate, but together? It sounded disgusting, no matter what his American friends said otherwise.

Nat was the most convincing, pointing out that she wasn't from America, and that she'd thought it would be gross, too. But then Clint made her eat it. Clint had tried to make Pietro eat it numerous times. Never Wanda, though, she was allergic. Which was why Pietro had always avoided peanuts, no matter how much he liked them. He didn't want to hurt his sister.

"How can you eat that?" Pietro asked.

"Don't knock it til you try it.' Sam handed him half on one of the two sandwiches.

Pietro wrinkled his nose.

"Your sister isn't here, so you can't say no."

Pietro reluctantly took a bite. The salty-sweet flavor was ok, but not great. He probably wouldn't eat it if he had another not disgusting option. "It's ok."

"You, sir, are a disgrace." Sam took a bite of his.

Pietro rolled his eyes, laughing a little. "I'm going for a run. Be back in five." He threw on his gym clothes and took off out the door.