Chapter Six

No ScarletVision, huh?

*Olaf voice* Makes things easier for me.

Though I couldn't bring myself to cut the paprika scene. Sorry, not sorry. 

////////////////////////////////////////////

THE AVENGERS FACILITY

MAY 4, 2016

Wanda walked into the kitchen to get something to eat, and was taken aback by the sight of Vision cooking. "Hey, Vizh. What are you doing?"

"I'm cooking. Or trying to, at least."

Wanda laughed, walking over. The familiar smell wafted into her nose. "Is that paprikash?"

"Hopefully. I wanted to give you something to remind you of home. I remember Pietro saying that it was your favorite."

"Thanks, Vizh." Wanda lifted the spoon to her mouth, tasting it. Now, it wasn't terrible, especially for someone who had exactly no experience in cooking. But that was NOT paprika. She kept her mouth shut about that though, not wanting to hurt her friend's feelings.

"Want me to help?"

"I think that I have it."

"Alright." An idea occurred to her. "What exactly is that thing?" She asked, pointing to the mind stone.

"I do not know. But I am trying to understand it. The more I understand it, the less it controls me. Maybe one day, I will be the one controlling it."

"I used to think of myself one way," Wanda said, while they were sort of one the subject. "But after this-" She twirled a tendril of red around her fingers. "I am something else. And still me, I think. But, that is not what everyone else sees." She said the last part with sorrow dripping from her voice.

She took another bite/sip of the "paprikash". She sighed. "I don't know what it is, but it is not paprika."

Vision sighed. Wanda gave him a smile. "I can help you find it, though." After about five seconds of searching, she gave up. "I'll just go to the store and get some." She grabbed her wallet and the keys to the car Tony had given her for her sixteenth birthday. She started to leave the kitchen, but Vision blocked her path.

"Alternatively, we could order pizza?"

As much as Wanda loved pizza, she knew something suspicious was going on. "You aren't letting me leave." She was shocked. Why wouldn't Vision let her leave?

"Tony thought that it would be safest."

"I can take care of myself," Wanda assured him, trying to pass him.

"It's not you he's wants to protect."

Realization hit Wanda like a sucker punch. Her heart dropped. "And what do you want?"

"For the world to see you as everyone in this tower does."

Wanda looked down, intaking his words. Wasn't that also what SHE wanted? "I'm going to bed."

She walked to her room, laying down. 'Pietro?'

'Hey, sestra,' He sounded tired.

'I didn't wake you up, did I?'

'No. I'm just on the boring flight to Vienna. Have you told Nat that you aren't signing?'

'No,' Wanda said sheepishly.

'Well, you need to do that.'

'Can you?'

Pietro sighed. 'You're lucky I spoil you.'

'Thank you!'

'You're welcome. What's wrong?'

'Nothing's wrong.'

'Lies. Something's wrong.'

'It's nothing. I'm fine, I promise.'

'You and Vizh got in a fight?'

'Yeah. I'm mad at him. I shouldn't be, it's not his fault.'

'It'll blow over. Now, we're here, so I gotta talk to Nat and dress fancy. Ick. Talk later?'

'Talk later.'

Wanda sighed as Pietro's voice left her head. She curled up, and fell asleep.