Chapter Eight

Pietro followed Natasha to a bench, sitting down beside her. Prince T'Challa was to their right.

"Are you alright?" Natasha asked him.

"If I am being honest, not really. This was..."

"Crazy? Yeah," Pietro said.

Nat subtly smacked him.

He cringed. "What?"

Natasha rolled her eyes and turned back to T'Challa, who was cracking a small smile.

"I'm sorry about him."

"Oh, it is fine. He saved my father's life, I have much to be grateful to him for."

Pietro smirked. "You hear that, Romanoff?"

"Is he always this cocky?"

"Yes," Natasha confirmed, glaring at the teen. "Excuse him. Or not, but preferably do. His parents and sister would kill me if he got himself killed under my watch."

T'Challa nodded.

"You seem tense," Natasha commented.

"Well, my father was just almost murdered, I believe I have a reason to be tense. Now, if you excuse me, I have to go." His face was hard. He started walking away.

"T'Challa, don't do something that you'll regret," The Black Widow advised.

"I won't." He replied. He walked away.

Pietro watched him until the prince was almost out of sight. Then he made his decision. He ran after the young man. He skidded to a stop in front of him. "Prince T'Challa!"

T'Challa raised his eyebrows to the speedster. "Yes, Mr. Maximoff?"

"Don't go all vengeance-seeker. Trust me, I speak from experience here. Don't do it."

"I believe that I will do as I please. But thank you for your advice. Now, go run along to your little friends."

Pietro narrowed his eyes, but nodded. "Have a good day, Prince."

"You as well." T'Challa once again walked away.

Pietro sighed and ran back over to Natasha, shaking his head. "He didn't listen."

"People can be like that, especially when they are upset. Could you and your sister be convinced to the opposite until you met us?"

Pietro shook his head. "No."

"That's how it goes sometimes. Unfortunately." Natasha tsked. "We'll just have to wait and see what happens."