13. Trans

Marie 💋

I drive home, knocking things off my mental checklist of errands. Thank goodness I completed everything except the blood sample work I'm supposed to do on Xander.

Pulling up into my drive way I park my car making sure to grab my bag and documents from the backseat before locking it and walking into my home immidiately abandoning the high heels that have been torturing my soles for the past three hours.
I decide to indulge the craving for rocky road ice cream I've been having.
Yes,I love ice cream.

"Oh , thank goodness your back!" Nate yells from down the hall coming towards me, "that thing you left in your room, is the devil's hound!" He says tossing a plate in the sink.

"It tried to maul me, twice!" adding emphasis to his statement by waving two fingers in my face.
ay ay ay , Nate,always the drama queen.

I ruffle his hair with the hand that's not holding my ice cream but he continues rumbling about how abnormally large the dog is and the food it's consumed ,ignoring the hot glare his giving me I stuff my face with ice cream.

"Are you even listening?" He asking sounding irritated.
"Nope" I saying popping the 'p' and he groans gesturing defeat and going to the living room.
I head to my room and find the accused dog curled into a ball on my bed ,his ears perk up and he gets up wagging his tail at me.

"Aww you're adorable" I coo as he gets off the bed and starts jumping up and down, trying to smother me in doggy kisses.
Or maul you,my subconscious retorts.

I take off my jacket and place both it and my ice cream bowl on the night stand.

"Come here boy, let's see how your wounds are doing" I pat my thighs once I'm kneeling and he comes and lays right on my lap. I gently unwrap the gauze and well, hey what do you know! his healing up nicely , little too quickly but it's a plus in my books.

" Do you have a name buddy?" I ask while ruffling his fur and he does the oddest thing and shakes his head sideways." Woah you're really smart" I pat him one more time before grabbing a change of clothes and my sweet sweet ice cream bowl.

Once I'm done changing , we (I mean the dog and I) head down and Nate jumps on the sofa in fear
"No , no Marie get that thing far from me!"

" You're being dramatic Nate his nothing but a sweetheart " I say sitting right on the floor.
" How's your head ?" I ask him as he repositions himself on the sofa.

" It's okay, just super thirsty, how'd your meeting go?" He asks switching through channels but side eyeing the dog that's sitting and is almost at my shoulder level but then again I'm not a very tall earthling.

" Was good , we sealed the deal" I say pushing a spoonful of ice cream in my mouth noticing that he still doesn't want to talk about the issue with Blair ,the dog comes and lays it's head in my lap and I mindlessly thread my fingers in his fur.

" Lemme guess, you're keeping him" he arches an eyebrow at me and I smile back sheepishly, obviously I'm keeping him.

"What should we name him?"

"Uh-huh, YOU not we , I already have four of these flee bags back at home" he mumbles

" Dogs not flee bags. stupid. I think I'll call him Xander" I say smiling down at the now sleeping dog.

" What breed is he anyway?" His still side eyeing the dog and honestly I think his jealous of how much attention I'm giving it.

"Uh I don't know , he looks like a melamute puppy " I gently pat the dog and notice his stitches are begging to fed in now. That's not normal and you know it ,my subconscious points out.