20. Bits and pieces.

Marie 💋( the same time Kaden left).

I stood staring at the door. The energy coming off the environment surrounding me igniting my skin with unrecognizable power. I felt drawn to the forest.

My mind was buzzing with memories of myself I couldn't really recognize making. The kept flashing making me feel dizzy instantly. Clutching the post for support I lean on it. Trying to stop the shear pain pounding in and out my skull.

" Let me in,Let me in" a voice whispered in my head. It sounded strong, foreign, ancient but feminine. The echo bouncing off my ears making me feel void of a brain.

" Give way." it demanded again. "Let in"
I gasped as the voice boomed in my ears. My head was on fire with pain. My ears wear obviously bleeding.
Screwing my eyes shut I slump down , feeling my bottom connect with the cold porch.

" Marina" it whispers again. Reminding me of the girl I was before my world got turned on it's head " let! Me! In!!! Marina!" the whisper sound like a voice carried by wind. Gruntle , silent and haunted.

" What do you want?!" I growl out. The voice laughs and I feel my will being suppressed. I can no longer feel my limbs. It's like I'm on autopilot. My mind no longer has control over my body and I start moving towards the forest. I now understand how the people in the movie 'get out' felt.

My feet move on their own , taking me further into the forest than I've ventured.
I fight against the feeling slowly taking control over my body. My limbs are overtaken by exhaustion and I collapse on the Forest floor.

" What do you want?!" I yell in exasperation.

" Let. Go" the voice whispers. " Give. Way. Remember."

"Remember wh..." Heat rushing through my body and I fail to resist the pain and a scream leaves my lungs.

I feel myself cooking from the inside out. The heat spreads to my head and I scream louder.
Curling into a ball ,I push my head in between my knees. A force shoves my head back and I splay on the ground like a snow angel
" Remember. Marina" the voice echoes in my head.

I open my eyes expecting to be greeted by a canopy of greenery but instead I'm looking at a reflection of my self.

.FLASH BACK. 8 years ago.

" Iris, Mercedes, Irina, Reece and Marina. You are the final names picked by the council to retrieve the package. Unharmed" spoke one of the council members known as Kai.

" The information you need is in the folder, your expected return is in a week's time before the Egyptian extract team comes after you. This is a time essential mission. Silent fast in fast out." stated another council member, Jin. Unlike Kai he didn't have black hair or a strong defined jawline and piercing blue eyes,no.
He had grey hair, wrinkles covered much of his skin but his obsidian eyes remained his most eyes catching feature.

"Best of luck to you ladies, we expect you back on our white water territory no later than 7pm next week Sunday" spoke council woman Lila.

The women turned on their heels exiting the board room immidiately.

" week not enough to extract package" spoke Mercedes in irritation as she fought with the zip of her bag pack.

" The Asian's right. We need more time" Iris spoke shaking the file in her hand.

" Racist much" Mercedes mumbled ,her Japanese accent coating every word.

" Pay her no mind" Irina spoke grabbing their attention. " We 'ave little time for mission. Must leave" Irina spoke her native tongue made it difficult to communicate eloquently in English.