NINE

"Are you Kim Seokjin?"

"Who's asking?" Yoongi took out his badge and showed it to the man.

"Investigator Min." The man sighed.

"Yeah, I'm Kim Seokjin...I'm guessing it's something regarding my father." Yoongi noticed the tiredness in the others eyes.

"Yes, actually...I'm sorry to say this but he passed away." Yoongi was confused at Seokjins reaction, because there was none. "There isn't much I can say since it's an open investigation, but we're certain that he was murdered."

"Oh, well thank you for letting me know. But you really could've just called." Seokjin smiled.

"Rest assured that we will arrest whoever did this." Seokjin shook his head.

"Don't stress too much about it," Yoongi looked at him with uncertainty, "He wasn't a good person at all. I really don't need any type of closure. Time spent on him could be spent on another investigation instead."

"He was still your dad." Yoongi was confused on how Seokjin was acting.

"Not really. You can investigate all you want, but it'd be a shame if someone dug deep into his past." Seokjin smirked.

"W-What do you mean?" Beeping came from inside the house, startling them both.

"Ah, I'm busy but thank you for coming to let me know!" The door slammed shut and Yoongi walked towards his car.

It had been four days since the murder.

It had been two days since the press got a hold of information that contained the many crimes Mr. Kim had committed from an anonymous source.

Fraud, lying, stealing, paying off judges, laying off workers, money being spent on girls for business partners, and the list goes on.

Yoongi was the one who found so much dirt on Mr. Kim. Yoongi made sure to emphasize on the fact that Seokjin and his mother were in no way involved. On the contrary, they were painted as victims.

And soon enough, Yoongi found himself in front of that door once again.

"Investigator Min! I didn't expect you to visit again," Seokjin smiled and opened the door, "Come in."

Yoongi walked in and noticed how lonely the air inside the house felt, "I don't mean to intrude. I came to check up on how you were doing."

"Sit down, I'll get some tea," Seokjin pointed at the table and Yoongi sat on a chair, "Thank you for not making my mother look bad." He added.

Seokjin started to pour tea for the investigator, "You...had something to do with his death," Seokjin stopped pouring the tea.

"Didn't take you long, you're smart." Seokjin sat down and folded both hands on top of the table while studying Yoongis face.

"I don't understand, I couldn't bring myself to report you." Yoongi took a sip of the tea, burning the tip of his tongue.

"Hmm, I wonder...why is that?" Seokjin put his head down on top of his folded hands, smiling up at Yoongi.

"Because it's one less horrible person in this world." Yoongi whispered as he looked at Seokjins eyes.

"I'm glad you came back, Min Yoongi."