Chapter 11 Awkward Love Triangles and Near Death, Fun!?

I hope you enjoy the song, I listened to it throught writitng this book.

Emerald's POV

We had set off from school and me and Danny had drifted far behind the others. I sneaked a glance at the boy. His eyes sparkled and a small knee buckling smile was present, he seemed fixated on something and I followed his gaze to Ruby and her butt. Great more evidence to show he's a love sick puppy following his owner. I sighed inwardly, I really wanted to get Danny to see me more in that light, a light of love. When he protected me I thought he must have feelings for me and they were finally bubbling at the surface but he must see me as a sister or cousin like he described or maybe worse a friend. 

I stumbled a bit and Danny placed his hand on my shoulder to steady me, I looked into those bright green eyes and melted inside. 

"Be more careful ok, don't want to ruin your new clothes." And with that he set off again. I wished we would talk more like we used to or spend time just by each other. Since they announced their new relationship status, she has always come in between us, our conversations and quality time. She protects him from me like I am a rival but I simply want to be his best friend if not a lover. As the youngest, I must get everything last like a boyfriend, a companion, I hope to find mine soon. Another tremble caught me off balance and I fell on my butt. Danny went to help me up when the ground began to shake violently.

"What's happening?" I asked, he looked worried.

"Seems like an Earthquake to me but we can't get them in England." He answered me looking around.

"Maybe you are mistaken." I told him before the ground beneath me started to split, he picked me up suddenly before the ground crumbled and we both screamed, I got a look at my sister's face and saw pure terror. I tried to reach out when darkness stole my light and my conscious. 

                                                                         ***On the surface***

Narrator's POV

Sapphire began to run for her sister's hand but was stopped by Ruby. 

"It's to late, we should come back later. We need to get to safety first." Ruby told her elder sister and took her to a safety station across the road were hopefully it would be safer for them. The buildings were slowly collapsing around them and the road and streets were crumbling and being lifted into the air. Fear was the present  emotion and it was bubbly up like a volcano ready to blow. 

After a few minutes, it stopped and the girls attention was grabbed by the News on the T.V. A women was frantically speaking, dormant volcanoes were awakening, tsunamis were destroying tons and cities and more earthquakes shook the world. It was like the world was ending before their eyes. The girls went to the spot were Danny and Emerald had collapsed into he ground. They started digging when a familiar scroll landed in front of the middle child and she picked it up. It was unlocked and she quickly scanned over it and shed a tear. Sapphire heard a sob from her sister and turned towards her. 

"What did it say?" Sapphire hugged her sister and stroked her blue hair. 

"'To save your home you must defeat the invaders. It won't be easy and you must be quick before your loved ones slowly lose their breath. Good Luck.' With our luck they will die before we can to them." Ruby looked up to her sister to get a comforting look. They sat only in a moments silence before shrieks that could bleed ears covered the land. They looked around to see beasts made of fire and deadly death reapers appearing from no where.