Chapter 13 Relaxing on the Beach

Enjoy!

Narrator's POV

After the sudden relationship announcement, Emerald and Ruby haven't spoken and Danny has been having a tough time trying to make eye contract with the fire princess. Even though they have had struggles, they carry on training and work on controlling their gifts. So far each person has been able to activate and keep their powers going for a while. But today was different, the place was a mess with towels, bathing suits and other essentials for summer. Yes the group was visiting the local swimming centre as a treat for their hard work. One girl in particular was finding the right one for a little bit of revenge. Pink or blue? Ruby wondered as she held each one on her body. It was a tough decision after all to make herself look perfect. Her plan was to make Danny feel guilty about dumping her and the little witch, Emerald in Ruby's mind, jealous of her great body and looks. 

"Hurry up Ruby, we are all ready to leave. With or without you." Sapphire called out. Ruby went with the pink one and put it in her bag. She picked up her bag and walked out the flat. They all made their way to the pool. 

                                                        ~TIme Skip At the Pool~

Ruby's POV

Once we got changed, I headed to the guy's changing area to wait for Danny. I hope he likes my suit. It was pink with black bows on it. The door opened and Danny stepped out in black and blue swimming trunks. He was showing off his six pack and may I say yum~. I waved at him and called him over. He looked surprised and happy, maybe he likes what he sees. 

"Ruby you finally want to talk. I'm so sorry about the whole thing. I really want us to be friends. I'm sorr-"

"No problem, I totally forgive you. Its stupid to get wound up on a boy but I agree lets be best friends again. Like before but only closer." With that wrapped myself on his right arm and caught it in between my breasts. He turned a million shades of red before a certain someone called out to us. 

"There you two are, me and Sapphire were about to go in and test the slides, want to join guys?" Emerald asked us. Danny broke off and grabbed Emerald's hand and ran off to the nearest water slide. Great now its a competition for the knight's heart. I followed after them very closely, I wouldn't lose to you witch. 

Sapphire's POV

I left Emerald so she could spend time with her boyfriend. I only wish I could see Jacob again and be with him. I sat down by the playing pool, toddlers and small children played with each other and families. Maybe that could be us someday. I dipped my feet in and it was lovely and warm, I closed my eyes and daydreamed about my home and lover. 

"Excuse me, but are you all alone?" I opened my eyes and looked upwards to see a bright pair of blue eyes and silver dyed hair. At first glance I thought it was Jacob but the hair definitely crushed that theory. I smiled brightly.

"No my sisters and friend are around here somewhere. I thought I should give them some time alone." I told him and he sat down beside me. He looked at the families and sighed. 

"Do you ever think about your own future?"

"Yeah, like having a family with your lover and growing old together  in a world where you can be safe. Sorry if that sounded extremely cheesy." I laughed and pulled my legs up, resting my chin on my knees. He also joined the laughing fit and scooted closer to me. 

"No its not, it just a future you dream for. There is nothing wrong with that at all. I'm Zach by the way." I shook his hand.

"I'm Sapphire, it's a pleasure to meet you Zach."  

We had talked for hours, walking around, buying food and even venturing on a slide or two. I felt so happy the hole in my heart was slowly but surely filling up. It was like Jacob was right next to me, that was until I felt a pair of warm, soft lips against mine. Zach was kissing me and I had to stop this right away. I pushed him back and was greeted by a confused expression. 

"I'm sorry Zach but I have a boyfriend and would not like to cheat on him. We can friends, that's all." I was dead straight. I knew that Jacob wouldn't be off kissing girls behind my back so I wouldn't either. Zach looked upset and stepped back immediately. 

"Sorry Saph didn't mean to do that, you're just so pretty I couldn't help myself. But because you have a boyfriend I will stop my conquest of love." I smiled and sighed mentally. I'm glad he understands. We start walking again with ice cream in our hands and he eyes my necklace whilst I was talking with him. He took it in his hands and smiled.

"Did your boyfriend get you this? Its lovely." 

"Thank you but no. It was a present from my mother."

"Mind if I look at it a bit closer?" 

"Sure." I took off my necklace and gave it to him. He smiled coldly and grabbed my wrists. I tried to pry them off but with no luck. I was getting angry and went to use the water when I felt completely drained of life. He laughed and his blue eyes turned black.

"Sapphire, princess of the waters, is so daft that she didn't even know you only have powers when wearing the necklace. And she didn't even notice through my disguise, I thought you were the smart one of the bunch." 

"Who are you?" I kept struggling, this was bad, very bad indeed.

"Me, I'm your worst nightmare. The overlord of the universe. But you can call me Zach for short, ok pumpkin?" I froze, I had been tricked by the enemy and are now completely helpless. He then snapped his fingers and everything went black. 

    *A few minutes later back with the others*

Narrator's POV

The 3 teenagers were laughing and giggling all the back to the sun beds were their sister should have been resting. Ruby was the first one to notice and gave out a questioning look towards her friends.

"Where's Saph? Shouldn't she be here?" Emerald and Danny both looked towards the sun bed and shrugged.

"It is her choice whether or not she has fun." Emerald told her older sister. Danny walked further and noticed a piece of paper on the bed.

"Maybe she has gone somewhere but where?" Ruby questioned placing her on her chin and stroking her imaginary beard. Danny had picked up the note and quickly scanned it. 

"Maybe, it's worst then we thought." Danny waved the note and at the bottom was blood, Sapphire's blood.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys sorry for the wait. Cliffhanger. Will try to update soon.