Jealousy

A week or so had passed since 'the hangover incident'. Mitchell and I were back to our usual fighting, except now it felt more like banter than it did fighting. We also managed to pay each other a small smile each morning when he was late for class.

I sat atop Chantelle and Stephen's desk as they sat in their chairs.

"Are you excited for the French exchange!?" Chantelle squealed.

"Totes!" Stephen clapped his hands and grinned.

They both turned to me, realising how silent and expressionless I was.

"You're not excited, babes?" Chantelle pouted, "This is the perfect way to get over your ex!"

"I dunno," I sighed, "French boys just aren't all they're hyped up to be. And besides, my break up was only like a week ago. It's way too early for me to even slightly have feelings for anyone else."

Mitchell and Rem Dogg burst into class at the worst possible moment.

"Woulda thought you'd be the kinda girl with a proper fit rebound," Rem Dogg laughed.

Mitchell was obviously a little down, but he kept his cool and sank back into his normal dumbassery.

"Yeah she's a lezzo innit," he snapped his fingers and pulled a cheeky grin.

"Bisexual," I swirled around to face him, "Not the same thing."

His jaw practically dropped.

"So you've fucked girls?" Rem Dogg questioned.

"Oi there's no way! Alex has to be a virgin, she's too proper to do any of that shit," Mitchell snickered.

"You don't know that for sure," I grinned, watching Mitchell's face drop, "Last week you saw a side of me you hadn't seen before, who's to say there aren't more?"

"So a dick's been in your pussy!?" Rem smiled cheekily.

Mitchell frowned at Rem Dogg and hit him lightly.

"Oh, poor, sweet, Mitchell," I shimmied my way off of the desk and strode my way over to him until our bodies were almost touching, and placed my hand on his jaw, exactly how he fed me a week prior, "I don't need protecting."

Chantelle and Stephen gawked and Rem just laughed.

"I gotta go," Mitchell said, storming out of class after only just getting there.

Rem went after Mitch to make sure he was okay.

"What was THAT about?" Stephen stood up and grabbed me by the arm, "We want DETAILS!"

"I don't know why he got angry and left honestly," I shrugged, "Weird."

"Not that!" Chantelle took my other arm, "I didn't know you two were close enough for you to do THAT to him!?"

"Well obviously they aren't!" Stephen debated, "You struck a chord, girl."

I sighed and sat back down, Stephen and Chantelle leaning in so they wouldn't miss a word.

"Well after what happened last week, him and I have been closer," I shrugged a little.

"Babes, you never even proper told us what happened last week!" Stephen complained.

I explained, step by step, exactly what happened, even demonstrating on Chantelle how he fed me. They shrieked at every detail.

"What happened to not being ready to move on?" Chantelle questioned.

"We're just friends!" I defended myself.

There was no way I would, in a million years, like Mitchell Harper. Even as a rebound.