54✔︎

Third POV

Elizabeth had just arrived to Terra park, feeling all jittery.

But why? After she was gonna go see her "boyfriend" so how come?

Nevertheless she shook her head of all negative thoughts, since Meliodas did say he wanted to meet up with her anyways.

She began to walk, down the same path that she walked before, and shocker not shocker, she saw him.

Standing in the same spot where he asked her to be his girlfriend.

"Meliodas?" Elizabeth spoke, as he then turned around to face her.

"Elizabeth." Meliodas replied, he just stared deeply into her eyes.

" walk with me." Meliodas added, as he and her began to take a walk, it being silent at first.

"So... why didn't you tell me earlier?" Elizabeth asked, as the feeling of hurt lingered.

" I-I don't really know.. but I have to know, even if I did tell you earlier on would you still be with me, would you still get close to me even if the outcome was the same?" Meliodas asked as his bangs shadowed his face.

She didn't see it but she could sense it.

He was hurting, just like she was, it was clear to her that he didn't want to say goodbye but that's the fate life had chosen for them.

But she had to be truthful.

"Well if I knew that this heartbreak was to come I wouldn't have... but if I got to keep all the sweet memories we've shared I'd do it over and over again."

Meliodas turned back at her, his happy go lucky face gone.

He then tipped forwards, his face buried in her chest, as he wrapped his arms tightly around her.

Elizabeth sighed, as she pulled him closer.

A warm embrace from the ones that you love.

When they pulled apart Elizabeth asked " so what now?"

Meliodas was silent but then spoke once more.

"Graduation is in 2 weeks then we have summer vacation, but I won't be here, so.."

Elizabeth half smiled "well then I guess we have 2 weeks to make the most out of this."

Meliodas grinned "mhm."

Soon Elizabeth's cheeks were flushed, as she muttered out his name, looking down at the blonde who was fondling her chest.

"M-meliodas-" Elizabeth tried to speak only to be shushed by his finger.

"Shh, just let happen." Meliodas spoke as he began to play with them.

Elizabeth couldn't even get mad at this point, she was happy and he was happy, and that's all that mattered.

After standing there for a while they decided to have a very childish game of tag, which ended up in a tickling match.

"Haha, I can't breathe-" Elizabeth laughed.

The rest of the time was spent together, and it was peaceful, they sat up against a tree, they didn't say anything just one another's company was enough talking as it is on its own.

Meliodas felt Elizabeth lay against his shoulder.

She was tired, as she then mumbled.

"I love you."

He kissed her temple, as he answered to himself.

"This was the best mistake I've ever made... I love you too."