Chapter 2

3 weeks. That's how long we stayed held up here. 3 fucking weeks. Our supplies might only last us another week or so. We had to think fast and we had to think smart. Elle tried to contact her family after what happened.. to my mom. She um.. never reached them.
We still had power, but who knows for how long. Knock knock knock. A knocking on the door brought me out of my rushing thoughts. I looked over to the door. We hadn't seen many people since the news broadcast. Knock knock knock. It became more frantic " please, if anyone is in there please let us in."
Elle looked to me and i just shook my head no, I whispered yelled over to her " We can't trust them! What if they are infected!?! What if its a trick?!" I could tell she couldn't see why I would think this way. It is a war-zone out there. Survival of the fittest. " We have to kira. What if they have more supplies? We are running pretty fucking low." I scuffed at her, "and you think allowing newcomers would help with that issue!?" Our argument was cut short with more banging on the door. " PLEASE!" They screamed.
Before i could manage to think, Elle was at the door rushing them in. I inwardly cursed at her and made a mental note to have a few words with her later. "Thank you, thank you, thank you." It was a small girl about 10 yrs old.
I took the time to examine the group before me. It was 4 of them, two boys who looked to be around Elle and I's age. They looked as if they were twins sharing the exact same facial features. They stood about 6ft tall, and if the world hadn't gone to shit id think they were kinda cute. I trailed my eyes over next to them, it was a girl she look no more than 15. She sat shorter than the boys obviously, she had to be about my height maybe shorter. Then lastly was the youngest girl.
They all looked tired, as if they had seen some shit. But thats not what made me become on edge about them, it was the oldest girl. She looked extremely sick, scrawny looking. It made me uneasy, " there was a group of those- things outside we managed to run and flank them. If you hadn't let us in when you did we would probably be dead." One of the twins spoke. I let out a sadistic chuckle " Yeah, well by letting you in we put ourselves into danger. Who knows what sick fuck was probably watching." Elle gave me a pointed look as if to tell me to stop. "You know what? No this was a careless decision what if one of them is infected?!" I exclaimed throwing my hands up. "If anything happens, that shits on you Elle." I gave her a pointed look back not caring that I yelled it in front of our guests.
I walked off making my way towards my room. "Kira wait-" I didn't even bother to stop. How could she be so stupid? So careless? This puts us both in danger! I was furious. I paced back and forth ignoring her when she poked her head in between the door. "I'm sorry, okay! Its just.. I'm starting to go nuts being trapped in this house!" I turned towards her and with every word I spoke I laced it with anger. " Then. Leave. Don't put my life into danger because the world has gone to shit and you're 'bored'" she looked taken aback by my comment and I just crossed my arms and waited for her response. " why are you being such a bitch? If I didn't trust that these people meant no harm I wouldn't have open the fucking door Kira. When you're done with this little hissy fit you're having. Come down and talk to me." And with that she left the room. I took a few seconds to calm my anger before going downstairs and demanding answers. Once i was calm enough i exited the room and headed down the stairs.
As i approached the last step I let it be know of my presence by clearing my throat. "I am not gonna sugarcoat shit. Who the fuck are you? Why the fuck are you here? How the fuck did you get here? And why did you choose to knock on our fucking door?" I stopped right behind the sofa with my arms crossed waiting for answers. The twin with the crystal blue eyes spoke first. " My name is Silas and this is my twin brother Sebastian, over there is my first sister Silvia, and my youngest sister Sarah." I followed his finger to each person he introduced, laughing internally at the fact that their parents really loved S names. " We live a few blocks away, when this all started we weren't exactly prepared." He continued "We um went out looking for our parents.." Sebastian cut in. You wouldn't be able to tell them apart if it wasn't for the odd eye colors they held. " We have been going door to door hoping for anyone to open up and help us out, after about three weeks of doing so we almost gave up." Silas cut back in. " we were walking when a group of um.. i-i-infected attacked us.. they um got Silvia." As the words left his mouth I instantly pulled the knife out of my pocket, ready to defined myself at any cost. " what the hell do you mean they got Silvia?" I yelled and impatiently waited for an answer. Elle moved away from the girl. "How long!" I yelled, they looked confused on what I was asking. "HOW LONG AGO WAS SHE FUCKING BITTEN." I screamed. This time it was Sebastian that cut in. " 30 mins ago." He said extremely quite. I shook my head and turned to Elle. "We don't know how long it takes a person to turn, take her the the guest-" before i could finish, Silvia leaned forwarded and spewed blood all over the living room rug. Sarah screamed turning her head away and buried her head into her brothers side. "Elle take her now!" She instinctively listened and helped guide her to our guest room. "Since she's your sister you are gonna keep an eye on her. If she fucking turns you do what you gotta do." I paused before turning away. " or I will." And with that i walked off into the kitchen.

🤍🤍🤍
As you can see Kira will do whatever to keep herself and Elle safe. She has a funny way for showing it but she loves her best-friend. Hope you're enjoying the story. I have a plan for the next two chapters to be flashbacks then on to the present.