Chapter 11

I stood there in disbelief, how? How did she survive?? I heard her screams.. this had to be my mind playing tricks on me. It just had to be. She couldn't have survived? Or could she? I had to see if this was real. I closed my eyes real tight took a deep breath and when I opened them she was gone.. a single tear threatened to fall. "Kira? Are you okay? Why are you crying??" Sebastian asked worry laced with every word. I turned around to see everyone had already left to look around the house. I shook my head trying to shake the thought. I'm losing my mind. "Uhh nothing I just.. had a uhh. A horrid memory." I said trying to come up with a lie. I didn't want to worry anyone. I glanced down at my wounded arm. Could that be the cause of these awful hallucinations? Was I getting sick? Millions of questions ran through my mind. "Okay, well we should probably help everyone get settled in. Then do a couple rounds around the place." He said. I could tell he didn't believe a word I said, but left it alone for now. "Alright, we should also take inventory. There is likely no food here but it's worth it to look around. We could find something useful maybe." I said as I reached down and grabbed my bags. Heading to the large dining area I called out for everyone to group up there. "Alright, this place has 10 rooms. I think the kids should room together," I started, "that leaves 9 rooms, there is 6 of us so we can each have our own." I finished, pointing down the right hall "kitchen and family room is down that way, along with the basement stairs and a way outside." Pointing up I continued "rooms are all upstairs, you may pick whichever you like except the master." I didn't want anyone in there.. pointing down the left hall "the dining, library, and activity rooms are all down that way." I finished explaining where everything was. "When it comes to rooming I'd like if girls were on one side and the guys on the other. It just makes more sense and if something was to happen it's easy grouping" I stated. "Lastly this place runs on generators due to no power. They are gas so we may after awhile start doing routine supply runs. The fences around the perimeter are electric. Try to be careful around them." I placed a hand to my chin trying to see if I remembered anymore important details. "I think that's all for now, everyone go get settled and clean. Once you finish we all meet back down here to scale the place together. Got it?" They all nodded their heads and head upstairs. Once I was alone I sat down running my hands through my hair and placed my head on the table. This is all so stressful, just when I think I can finally catch a break something else pops up. "Kira.." there it was again, I already had to deal with the infected. Ghost aren't exactly something I wanted to add to that. "Kira.." I picked my head up to see her standing in the archway. Looking at her broke my heart into pieces. "What do you want? why are you here?" I whispered broken. "Why are you doing this to me?" She didn't answer she just turned and walked up stairs. I jumped up and followed her, she lead me all the way down the hall to the master bedroom. I paused in front of the door, once I gathered the strength I took a deep breath and opened the door. Walking in, I made sure to close the door behind me. I glanced around the room. She wasn't here anymore. What the fuck is going on with me. A stinging in my arm caused me to lose my train of thought. Taking off the bandages I examine the area. It was starting to ooze. "Fuck" I cursed silently, without the proper disinfectants it was starting to get worse. I placed my bags onto the bed and searched through them for any gauzes, I had one pack left. Taking them out I wrap my arm quickly, taking out some tape and securing them down. I open my other bag grabbing some clothes and headed towards the bathroom.
After taking a quick shower I proceeded to head downstairs. Hallucinations and an infected wound what more could a girl ask for. I need to find out more about how this apocalypse shit worked, there has to be other people out there that has experienced the same shit that I've experienced or at least that's what I hoped. We could be the last ones for all I know, but I had to get to the bottom of this, and if I was infected I needed to be away from them.
Far far away.

🤍🤍🤍