Prologue

Raven POV

I was cutting down grimm. I was about to kill the alpha when I heard a child cry, I quickly wounded the alpha and killed several Beowolves saving the child, suddenly the child hugged me allowing the alpha getaway. I was mad at first, then I looked down at the child and saw the fear in his eyes. For the first time in my life, I actually felt bad for someone. I felt bad for this poor child who couldn't have been any older than three-years-old. "Hey come on now don't cry," I said as I dried his eyes, "I need you to calm down and be brave for me alright?" I said he nodded but he never once let me go. "Hey, you'll be alright. Is there anyone who could look after you?" I asked he shook his head softly, I couldn't just leave him all on his own like this. If I did then the grimm would certainly come back and kill him, "Alright then." I said as I pried him off my leg, "You're gonna stay with me until I can figure out what to do with you." I said as I picked him up and before long the sounds of soft snoring filled the air. I couldn't help but smile as I carried him back to the tribe.

"Raven...what's with the kid?" Vernal said, "Shhh, he's sleeping." I said as I walked into my tent. "Mama." The child said in his sleep as I set him down on the bed and tucked him in. "Raven we have a problem." Vernal said as we walked outside, "She just kinda appeared here." She said as we looked at the mangled corpse of a woman, suddenly several puppies and a mess of bubbles appeared out of nowhere, "Vernal are you seeing this?" I asked, suddenly all the puppies and bubbles vanished and the sky darkened before bellowing down and took the form of a giant Beowulf, "Well that's new." Vernal said, "The one time I could actually use Summer's help!" I said before the grimm vanished followed by a crash that came from inside my tent. "Vernal." I said as we readied our weapons and entered the tent only to find the boy cowering in the corner, "All the weird stuff started after he showed up." Vernal said, "Yes it did, and I know why. It's his semblance." I said, "He must have a manipulation type semblance, but rather than manipulating something...he can manipulate reality." I said, "Wow, I'd hate to be around for when he's a teenager." Vernal said, "What's your name little one?" I asked, "(y...y/n)." He said in fear, "Vernal, I'm keeping him." I said as I picked (y/n) up and walked outside, "Welcome to your new home, (y/n) Branwen." I said, "Mama?" He said, "Sure why not." I said.