Chapter 8

Raven POV

"You know why you're in trouble right?" I asked (y/n) just pouted, "You know that you're not allowed to kill anyone...without my permission." I said, "Mama mad?" he asked, "No, no I'm not mad sweetie if I'm being honest I'm actually a little proud." I said, "But honey you are three years old, Mama didn't get her first kill till she was five, and your idiot uncle didn't get his till he was twelve." I said, "What I'm getting at is I wanna change, I want you to be better, have the childhood I never had, and to have the mother I never had." I said. "Can Mama tell you a story?" I asked he nodded, I picked him up and sat him on my lap, "Well when I was a little my brother and I were abandoned by our parents. We couldn't have been any older than a year old at the time. We would've died if the woman, who I thought of as my mother, took us in and saved our lives. She raised us as her children all while leading our tribe! Her name was Terra Branwen. When Qrow and I were five years old she took us out to our "secret" spot. It wasn't anything special it was just a shallow part of a river that no one went to. The tribe knew that she was planning to leave, so they brainwashed me into thinking that she was going to abandon me. She tried and tried to reassure me that when she left that she'd take us with her, but I didn't understand that. I ended up killing my mother with her own weapon." I said, "I don't have many regrets, heck you can count all of my regrets on one hand. But that is at the top of the list." I said, "I still have her weapon to remember her by." I said as I held up my Omen, "There's a reason why the blade is red, and that's so I will never forget what I did." I said, "Mama sad?" (y/n) asked I soon realized that I was crying, "No sweetie, Mama's not sad. Mama just misses her mama very very much." I said as he hugged me and I dried my eyes, "And before you ask abandoning your sister is not one of my very few regrets." I said.