Trying to find work

As they made their way, Atem looked at the people lined up to go in the boathouse. He looked at her "You have to hold your breath while we cross the bridge." Atem said as he moved open the gate. "Even the tiniest of breath will break the spell and then everyone will see you."Britt carefully walked forward and then Atem got up in front of her. She wrapped her arms around his as they made their way over. "I'm scared."Atem kept a calm and collected face as they walked. "Now just stay calm." He said to herBritt could hear as people were crossing the spirit saying "Welcome, Welcome Always nice to see you Welcome!"Atem kept walking with Britt behind him as he looked at the two spirits. "I'm back from my mission" Then kept walking as he didn't look back. "Now take a deep breath and hold it." Britt did just as he said taking a deep breath then covered her mouth as they walked. Once on the bridge, she watched as the many spirits came around. Britt did her best to keep her breath under control.

"Hang on almost there." Atem saidThey almost made it but then a frog spirit was jumping towards them. "Master Yami, Where have you been?" The spirit askedBritt pulled her hand away and gasped but then covered her mouth again. "Wha? A human?" The frog said as he jumped up.

Atem put his hand out as he made a barrier around the frog."Let's go!" Atem said as he kept hold of her hand and moved fast. He got her near a secret entrance then got her to go inside. Once inside he took her hand leading her until they came around to a bush where he kept her hidden. "Master Yami?" The people inside kept repeating as they went back and forth. "They know you're here." Atem said as he kept her in the shade. Britt looked down a bit "I'm sorry, I took a breath." She said Atem kept watch but looked at her "No, Britt you did well. Listen carefully to what I tell you. You can't stay here they'll find you. Then you'll never get to rescue your parents. I'll create a diversion so you can get away." He told herBritt grabbed hold of him as her eyes teared up. "No, Don't leave me. I don't want to be alone." Britt said to him.

Atem kept watch on her as he removed her hands from his shirt. "You don't have a choice if you want to help your parents." Atem said to her, "This is what you have to do."Britt's eyes watered a bit "They did turn into pigs, I wasn't dreaming." She said as she felt Atem move her hair out of her face then placed a finger on her forehead.He used some of his power to show her the way to escape. In her head she saw a gate that she was supposed to go through and a door to the boiler room. She heard him says she was to find the fire demon Kamaji.Britt looked up at him "Kamaji?" Britt saidAtem nod as he looked at her. "Tell him you want to work here, even if he refuses you must insist." Atem said to her then leaned close to her "If you don't get a job Yubaba will turn you into an animal." "Yubaba, huh?" Britt said as he looked at him, some of her hair was falling in her face."You'll see. She's the witch who rules the bathhouse." Atem said to her, "Kamaji will try to turn you away or trick you into leaving. But, just keep asking for work. It'll be hard work but you'll be able to stay here. Then even Yubaba can't harm you"

Britt just nod as she stayed there a few more seconds. She had a few things on her mind but there was no time to ask. The voices and the movement from the inside could still be heard people calling for a 'Master Yami' "I have to go." Atem said to her as he looked back then he took her hands as he looked at her "and don't forget Britt, I'm your friend." He said as he got up."How did you know my name is Britt??" Britt asked"I've known you since you were very small. Good Luck and whatever you do, don't make a sound." Atem said to herAs the inside of the boathouse was still going wild then there was a mans voice. "Master Yami"Atem got up and walked back into the place "Calm down, I'm coming." Atem said as he walked inside."Master Yami, Yubaba wants to see you." A man said