▪️一▫️ 

👑
one | yi

the prince, renjun paced back and forth inside his room while the designers are having a hard time on getting his sizes, "i don't get it jaemin."

jaemin, the prince's attendant, followed the prince on every direction he walked to while sending apologies to the designers.

"what didn't you get ren– p-prince?"

as soon as the prince heard the attendant stuttering on addressing him, he stopped on walking and sent him a look but the attendant pointed at the designers making him sigh.

renjun gripped on the crown on top of his head while he contemplated on throwing it away.

he hated it. he doesn't want to be a prince. he doesn't want his life to be set already. he doesn't want the life he has because it feels like it's just a stupid play, that every scene is already written and he's the main character who will put it in action. but what can he do? absolutely nothing but to play the role.

he glanced at jaemin as he pressed his lips into a thin line.

jaemin knew that look. so he shook his head no.

renjun sighed and raised both of his hands so the designer can measure his arm length. after a few seconds renjun already let down his hand, startling the designers, "aren't you all done?"

they nodded hesitantly before packing up their things. they bowed a 90 degree bow before exiting the prince's room with the help of his attendant.

after making sure that they're alone, renjun attacked his attendant with a hug, "i'm so done, jaemin."

jaemin contemplated on patting the prince's back but he did anyway, "it's okay r-renjun, you're doing just fine."

renjun smiled on the hug and pulled away, "i don't know what to do without you seriously."

jaemin also smiled. "i'm just doing my job, renjun."

"well, you're doing a great job on being my best friend."

【】

"am i really meeting that soldier today?"

jaemin raised his head when he heard the prince spoke. he looked at the prince's direction before nodding.

renjun groaned and rolled on his bed, "jaemin can you tell them i'm sick? and then attend the meeting for me?"

"you know i can't do that your highness–"

"if you won't stop calling me your highness then i will disown you."

jaemin looked down and nodded, "i-i'm sorry, renjun."

renjun smiled before standing up. he pulled the younger down on his bed and made him sit down, "so, will you do it?"