Fresh start

Briar's POV

E: "I'm not being a douche I'm just living life." I sigh then set my phone down. I knew he was emotional but I didn't think he was this bad. I have nothing to say to that that would be productive so I decide not to say anything. Our plans tonight couldn't have meant that much to him so there's got to be something else going on and he's decided to just take it out on me. Unfortunately I'm not a chew toy so he's gonna have to find another outlet. I get out of the bath and I get dressed. I sit on the couch and Ilays joins me.

"Wanna play splinter cell?" He says. I nod.

"How can I refuse?" I say with a small laugh. We play for a couple of hours then head to bed. I wake up and have some breakfast. I start cleaning the apartment but stop when someone knocks on the door. I open it up and it's a delivery man.

"Is there a Briar Klein here?"

"That's me."

"will you sign for this?" He says holding up a medium sized package.

"sure who is the sender?"

"Anonymous." He says as I sign. I nod and he hands me a package then walks away. I shut the door and sit on the couch to open it. I cut open the box and surprise surprise it's peach lotion. The same high end shit that ellis bought me before. I turn it over but nothings written on it this time. I understand that this is his wat of apologizing but he honestly thinks that he can't just buy me something and I'm gonna get over it. He didn't even deliver it himself and he hasn't texted me back to apologize. I sigh. I'll be the bigger man. I text him.

B: "you're using lotion to apologize?" After about 10 minutes he responds.
E: "did it work?" I cock my head to the side. This doesn't sound like him.
B: "what would really work is an explanation and an apology."
E: "can I explain over dinner?" I think for a minute. Maybe he was drunk but that still doesn't mean I'm gonna go easy on him.
B: "when?"
E: "tonight?"
B: "sure."
E:  "I'll pick you up at 8:00"
Let's see how this goes. Well it's only noon so I've got plenty of time to get ready. I think I'm going to go to the gym and then ice skate. I recognize that I'm not nearly as disciplined as other skaters about going to the gym but skating is just a hobby and I have a job and a life. I laugh to myself. "A life." I have like 3 friends and I don't spend much time with them. I've always been kind of a loner. It's not that im depressed or don't like people I just like being alone. I don't like talking much and I just like to think about things.

I finish tying my shoes then grab my keys. I lock my apartment then walk down to the gym. I set my stuff in a locker then hop on a machine. Everyday is leg day if you're a skater. I feel a tap on my shoulder from behind and I pull my earbuds out. "Hey." He says with a smile.

"Hey Aron. How's my favorite Scandinavian neighbor?"

"Not as good as you apparently." He says pointing to my legs. "How are you so thin but still muscular?"

"Honestly I'm curious too. I eat like garbage and I'm horrible at working out regularly. I guess the only explanation is ice skating. I still think you should try it." He laughs and shake his head.

"That is too much coordination and I'm not that kind of gay."

"Oh what you think I'm too feminine?" I say with a small laugh. His face fills with guilt and he stammers a little bit as he speaks.

"No you're not too feminine I think you are awesome the way you are you're not too anything except maybe two nice." I smile because I know I made him feel guilty. I'm really not too nice, I don't mess with people a lot.

"Its okay I'm just messing with you. Don't worry it doesn't hurt my feelings." He smiles a little bit then picks up weights. He has more upper body strength than I do and he's taller but I definitely have stronger legs. If I wasn't worried I would break him I would date him. He's very attractive but he's too sensitive. Ilays has told me he thinks Aron likes me but I don't think so. I think he's just friendly. We both continue to work out quietly then he stops and looks at me. I keep going while we talk.