Rocky Road

*Briars POV*

I get to work and start stocking racks. While racking there's plenty of time to think since you're pretty much running around the whole store by yourself. I almost find it hard to believe that Ellis asked me out and I said yes. I was pretty mad about the whole text thing a couple nights ago but once he explained it I didn't really care anymore. I pride myself on being levelheaded and not having a short temper but forgiveness is something that I am not as good at but I guess I forgave him already. I'm still scared he's gonna have more one night stands and I have no idea why I agreed because if anyone else was doing this I'd tell them they were stupid. I will talk with him and figure that out. Either way though if he's going to cheat he's going to early on so the "breakup" honestly won't be bad. If not I'll at least help him hopefully so whoever he finds after me won't be torn to shreds. While I recognize that there's more to life than sex it's still really nice and he's a master so might as well. I'll just be careful not to get attached too fast Incase. I shrug to myself and my manager comes over the ear piece. "Is anyone free to help with packaging the online orders?" I radio back as I finish putting away some boxes.

"I'm free Jarrod I'll be there in a sec."

"Thanks Briar." I walk into the back and I see Jarrod looking at the online list. He shakes his head then looks up at me. "Someone ordered 6 of the same pair of underwear." He laughs.

"I guess they really like the print?" I say laughing.

"I don't like honey bees that much but hey I'm just doing my job."

"People order the weirdest things. I have no idea what half of the women products we sell are or even some of the shoes." He laughs as we continue to pack. "How was the wedding?" I ask looking at him.

"Amazing. My wife was happy and the weather stayed nice. Thank you for covering for me so I could get married and go on a honeymoon."

"Of course I'll pretty much never turn down more hours and getting married is pretty important so I understand." I say laughing. He laughs as well and then thanks me again. Before too long it's already time to clock out. I'm starving so I really want to eat. I should text Aron to see if he's hungry or not.

B: "Hey I'm off work do you want to grab something to eat before we go to the museum?"
I plug my aux cord in and start driving. A little while later he texts me back and I read it while at a stop light.

A: "oh totally what do you want?"
B: "sushi?"
A: "yeah sounds perfect!"
B: "alright I'll be home in a couple minutes and I'll change then we can go."
A: "sounds good to me."

I get home and start changing quickly. I get into some comfy jeans and button up so I look nice for the museum.

B: "who should drive?"
A: "I can drive if you'd like."
B: "alright I don't mind either way."
A: "I can drive then."
Honestly I appreciate that because I hate parking.
B: "that works for me. Ready to go?"
A: "yeah. I'm on the way to your apartment."
B: "alright see you in a second."
A: "Mhm see you in a second."
After a few minutes he's knocking on my door. He's wearing some khakis and a button up and I'm kind of jealous because his outfit is better than mine.

"You came to show me up? Better dressed and everything?" I say with a small laugh.

"What do you mean  I think you have the better outfit." I took my eyes at his statement.