The Truth

The volcano exploded. Morrowseer whipped his head around and Fatespeaker punched his eye. He roared and the dragonets took down the tunnel. Hopefully, Morrowseer hurt too much to come after them and grab Starflight.

Her vision couldn't come true but she hadn't realized her selfless crush had thrown her into the tunnel first and he went last, behind everyone. He was going to die but Fatespeaker ran faster so he could as well. 

Lava began to seep through the cracks of the tunnel. That made Fatespeaker run even faster than she had been. 

She leaped out of the tunnel and a MudWing dived right into it. 

Would the animus magic keep the lava from seeping into the rainforest? Was the whole continent going to burn because of the NightWings?

The MudWing had unconscious Starflight in his claws. The lava stopped before reaching the forest. The MudWing gently laid Starflight down on the ground and he landed, panting.

Fatespeaker ran over to him immediately. She grabbed his claw and squeezed it. He must've fell in the lava. He felt hot and looked burned. Starflight's body was covered in black scorch marks. His eyes looked the worst.

Is this where he goes blind?

A sleeping dark hit Starflight's neck as Queen Glory yelled, "Get him to the infirmary. Let no one near him. Grandeur, Tsunami, Clay, Kinkajou, Lina, and Jambu, please come with me. We're going to take care of the NightWings and help get them settled."

"I'm coming too," the NightWing by Glory added.

"I didn't doubt that," Queen Glory stated, smiling. Queen Glory only seemed to smile for that NightWing. She really liked that NightWing for some reason. Fatespeaker had never heard of him or met him.

But if he could handle Queen Glory, then Fatespeaker applauded his bravery.

Fatespeaker followed the healers who had Starflight to the infirmary.  She needed to watch him and make sure he was okay and that he lived.

When they got there, Fatespeaker wasn't allowed to see him, so she sat outside and waited till she could. She would do anything for Starflight. She was right about them being soulmates but he was so much more amazing. He was fearless, selfless, crazy- brave, and very kind.

He was awesome, therefore, he couldn't die.

BAM! Logic!

Fatespeaker grinned at her own silliness. She didn't really care that she was alone right now. Generally, Fatespeaker was very social but right now, the calm and quiet was nice after that battle- rescue- attack. 

"Mommy," Stella asked. She looked nervous. Didn't this dragonet know she could tell Fatespeaker anything? 

"Yes, dear?" Fatespeaker said. 

A bird cawed in the distance. Fatespeaker looked around to make sure they weren't under attack, maybe by rebellious NightWings.

"Mommy, I think I can see the past," Stella told her.

Fatespeaker heard moaning in the infirmary. She need to go check on Starflight. 

"Silly goose," Fatespeaker laughed. "You can see the future. You were born under a moon, after all." She stroked Stella's horns.

"No mommy. I saw Darkstalker kill Prince Artic with the vast majority of the NightWing population watching. I saw Clearsight on the Lost Continent. I saw the Scorching and how we roasted those scavengers. I even saw Queen Thorn become queen,"  Stella said. She wasn't kidding and it unnerved  Fatespeaker. 

"Starflight, we need to talk," Fatespeaker yelled. Surely her dad let her borrow a scroll or told her story, she worried.

That CERTAINLY wasn't a vision of the future. That wasn't possible... "seeing the past". That's unheard of but nothing was impossible. Maybe she was enchanted by an animus?

Fatespeaker decided she could trust Starflight with this secret. It was time he learned the truth. She needed someone to talk to about this especially since this will end up being his kid in the future she had saw.

"Fatespeaker!" Starflight exclaimed, giining. He tried to get up and then winced.

"Whoa, stay. Don't hurt yourself," Fatespeaker claimed and Starflight laid back. "I need to tell you something super important and promise not to make fun of me."

"Okay... I promise to not make fun of you," Starflight said.

"Okay so, I can sort of see the future. The NightWings have been lying about their powers the whole time to seem more powerful. Anyway, I have visions and I can read minds. Just very fainly. My powers are weak. I can feel strong emotions from other dragons and with NightWings, I can hear a few words here and there. Also, I had a vision about our future and we had a kid named Stella. She could see the past, I guess. And anyway, I'm not trying to sound crazy I just wanted to tell the truth," Fatespeaker said quickly. She looked away, afraid of what he may think of her.

"I believe you and you're not crazy," Starflight said. "Anything else?"

"Who's Thorn? Apparently she becomes queen of something," Fatespeaker blurted.

"No idea," he replied. "Fatespeaker, I um..."

"Yes?" Fatespeaker asked.

"I think I like you."