9

Trent appeared in the kitchen, his hair was neatly brushed and his suit fit him like a glove as always. His eyes were no longer puffy and red. His eyes were their piercing green, they used to strike fear into me.

He was capable of things I never thought were possible. The thought of punching someone in the face crossed my mind but Trent actually killed people.

I brushed the thoughts from my head, Trent was not that evil person I heard stories about at campfires in home.
He was much more than that. He was my husband, a well respected Alpha and a man who somehow captured my heart. Then it dawned on me. I loved him. I loved him with everything I had. I would go through the pain of losing my parents again just so I could be with him.

"Alpha," Sebastian greeted. Trent nodded at him before he started to make his coffee. I watched as the wedding ring on his finger gleamed in the light. That ring was a promise he made to me; To never keep secrets, to never hurt me, and to never stop loving me. I felt my stomach churn with uneasiness. He never told me about the rogue attacks. I was upset, more than I should have been.

Trent probably had his reasons, he always did. He never did anything without thinking, the only thing he did without thinking was picking me in the woods. In my personal opinion it was the best instant decision he made.

I looked at Sebastian, he was looking at me as if he were waiting for me to say something to Trent. I wasn't going to but he had other plans.

"Alpha," Sebastian leaned against the counter. Trent looked over at his beta. "The rogue you have in custody has decided to speak." I watched as Trent's hands gripped around the mug firmly. His cold eyes burned into Sebastian as if he could kill him.

"What did we talk about," Trent growled lowly.

Sebastian had a hint of a smirk on his lips, "what do you mean?"

"I didn't want Alice to know about what is going on," Trent glanced at me.

"Why don't you want me to know anything?" I questioned, Trent glanced at me. 

"I don't want you to worry," he told me. I nodded it wasn't a great excuse but I would take it. 

"We should go soon before the mutt decides to change its mind," Sebastian smiled. Trent nodded before he placed his full mug on the counter. 

"I'll be back for six," Trent said before he placed a kiss on my forehead. 

"I want to come," I protested. I wanted answers especially after finding out my pack members were being killed. A bubble of rage started to form in my chest, it was waiting to explode. Trent pressed his lips together in a firm line. 

"I don't think that is a good idea," Trent sighed heavily. 

"Why?"

"I just don't think it is a good idea," he sounded angry, his face started to turn a light shade of pink and his shoulders tensed. 

"I want to go." 

"No," Trent turned on his heel to walk to the door.

I grabbed his arm, "Trent," I snapped, he tried to shake me off but I held on. "I want to go!" 

Trent turned back on his heel to look at me, his eyes looked like they were about to bulge out of his head, his face was now red. "I said no and that is final," he snapped. I don't know why but tears started to bubble to the surface, Trent had snapped at me before but the desperation I felt didn't help, I wanted to protect my pack and he was being stubborn. 

I let go of his arm before I turned on my heel and stomped back to our room with tears streaming down my face. I heard Trent let out a heavy sigh before I slammed our bedroom door closed. I went to our bed and flopped face first onto it, I was angry and hurt. I felt like a child but at the same time an adult with too many responsibilities.