| 0 |

Penelope

As I paced the length of my large room, I could not help but ask myself why my father had kept me hidden from the world outside.

I did not have friends because I did not go out or go to school.All my life, I had been homeschooled by the best tutors money could buy in Trenton.My father, a wealthy lawyer, had insisted that I not leave the century-old Von Chur Manor on the outskirts of town.

"Forget about it. I'm sorry. I am only watching out for you, Pen."He had said when I asked to attend college in another state.And, like the good daughter I am, I didn't question it, just as he did not question the lack of protest.

The University of New York had been my dream since I found out about going to college when I was ten-years-old and my father knew just as much.If anything, my silence on the matter should have worried him but I guess he trusted me enough to accept it.

I had never been someone to break the rules.I always did as I was told without arguing or causing a hassle.I focused on my studies instead of wanting to go out to parties or shopping with my friends (not that I had any) and I always stayed in the house.

For twenty years I have been confined to the thick brick walls of the 134-years-old Von Chur Manor.The immense building I called home was amazing but twenty years in the family acquired estate was twenty years too long.

Although it had many things lots of other people would kill to have, all I ever wanted was freedom.

Freedom from my father.

Freedom from my tutors.

Freedom from the housemaids—who still insisted on washing my underwear for me.

Freedom from Von Chur Manor.

If there was anything I knew from living here all my life, it was the layout and the vast network of secret tunnels connecting the house with what used to be a bakery.Since I did not go out, I had zero clue what it was now but it was my only choice right now if I wanted to go to college.NYU was off the table now because I knew it was the first place he would look if I ran.

Sin

I swirled the glass in my hand, thinking.We were at one of the clubs owned by a fellow Familia member, drinking and smoking in the private back room reserved for Sabatini Crime Family members (or more popularly known as the New York Familia).

The things that happened in the back rooms of these clubs were gruesome, what the Men did to the goomah's here was atrocious but that was the business of being a Made Man.I looked down at the floor beneath us, as my brothers and I sat in a more secluded area above, and watched the scenes below.

Men were sitting on couches, smoke billowing from their mouths and drinks nursed in their hands as they laughed with each other while women danced before them on slightly raised platforms.Other women walked around serving drinks and small white pills and others were sitting in the laps of some of the men.The only thing these women  had in common was their lack of clothing, dressed only in revealing dresses or lingerie.

Something caught my attention at a billiards table.A Wiseguy had a woman that was scantily dressed in lacy underwear bent over the table with her body pressed against the black material of the playing table.He ripped he panties off and roughly thrust into her making her cry out as she struggled against him but he held her firmly in his grip.Men looked on from all around, some laughing, as the girl screamed and cried for help but turned their attention away when they got bored.The lights above illuminated the wetness on her cheeks.

Her eyes caught mine just as defeat filled them and she stilled in his arms.

I looked away.

"What are you thinking about?"I heard someone ask me.

"That poor girl is going to have the worst carpet burn on her face after that."I told them which made them laugh.

"So, what do you want us to do?"My youngest brother, Grave, asked.I raised an eyebrow at him and he must have realized that I was not paying attention."With Jaques.He hasn't payed that mil he borrowed.He is a year overdue and you've been letting him off for quite a while."

"I vote we maim him.Send his insides to his daughter, I'm sure she would love the present."My other brother, Killer said with a twisted smile."I've been dying to try out that new knife set we got from the Gutierrez's."

Being the eldest of four was not an easy task.Especially when I was the head of one of the biggest mafia families in the America.My father died when I was nineteen, leaving me with the Familia and my brothers to take care of.

Rusty, the second oldest of us, helped out but I still felt responsible for them because I was their big brother.He was my Underboss and my most trusted member in the New York Familia.

Killer was the third child and the craziest of us.He tortured and killed without thought.Said it was fun.He was probably the most dangerous of us when handed a weapon.

The youngest was Grave, who was a complete technology geek.Even though he could handle a gun as well as the rest of us, he preferred hacking into government files and selling information on the black market.

I thought about what Killer said."He has a daughter?"

"Yes.She is young, twenty, I think.Many people don't even know she exists because he doesn't let her out of their house."Rusty told me."But we can't really do much since he's one of Fallucci's Capo's."

"He's smart.He knows how many enemies he has and what they would do to her to get to him.He has kept her hidden and safe from everyone.Nobody can get to her, forget about it."Killer said."We really need to stop Shylocking to these other fucking Made guys in other families because now I cannot have my fun with him."He added as an afterthought.

"Nobody but me."I said ignoring his last remark, because anything he suggested could lead to a fucking war with the Fallucci's and their allies, and looked at Grave."Get me as much information on her as you can find.I will deal with Fallucci."

He grinned excitedly."On it.By the time I'm done you'll know what color underwear she's wearing."

I cringed at that and shook my head."Leave that part out."I looked at my other brothers."Well, looks like I'm taking a special trip to Trenton to sit-down with an old friend."

They smiled evilly at me and I smirked at the thoughts running through me head at all the possible things I could do to Jacques Von Chur and his daughter.