| 2 |

Penelope

I was woken by the deep voices that were arguing a little ways away from me.

"Are you sure this is her?She doesn't even look like him."I didn't recognize the voice.

"Yes, I'm sure.Her name is the same and she ran away the same night his daughter went missing.I don't think that's a coincidence, Rusty."I knew that was Grayson speaking.

"Grave, Rusty, shut up.Do you want her to wake up before Sin gets here?And even if it isn't Von Chur's girl, I bet I can still have fun with her."That voice sent shivers down my spine and it was not the good ones.His voice was sinister and I figured from it that fun for him was different to fun for me.

I felt a hand in my hair and someone's breath on my cheek so I forced myself to relax."I know you're awake, sweetheart."He whispered.

I hesitantly opened my eyes and the first thing I saw was wild blue eyes staring into mine."Hello."I squeaked.

His eyes glittered with sinister amusement."Hello, Penelope."He grabbed my hand."The name's Killer."

I let out an uneasy laugh and tried to pull my hand away but he just tightened his grip.My heart hammered in my chest,"Nice to meet you.Please let go."

He leaned in, his nose touching mine."No."I could smell the strong, overwhelming scent of weed on him.

Suddenly a large hand landed on his shoulder and pulled him away from me."Enough, Killer.You have had your fun."

"Not nearly enough, Rusty.I want to spend some more time with dear Penelope here."He said and tilted his head.A strand of his blonde hair fell on his forehead and he grinned at me.

"Killer."The other man, Rusty, said moving closer to him.

The look that flashed in Killer's eyes was frightening.For a second he looked completely deranged as Rusty said his name but then as quickly as it came, it left.He smiled and left the room."Until next time, Penelope."

Grayson came on sat next to me."Sorry about that, Penny, Killer tends to be a little strange when you first meet him."

"Why am I here?"I asked not bothering to beat around the bush.

He looked a little confused."Here?I gave you a ride last night but I brought you to my home, you looked pretty wiped so I did not bother to wake you up."

I frowned at him."Where is your home?"

"New York."He answered easily.

"Oh."The words then registered in my head and I  could feel my eyes practically bulging from their sockets."New York?!How?W-When?Do you mean New York New York or just the state of New York?"

"What do you mean 'how?' I drove us here."He smiled."And I mean New York City,New York.Why do seem so shocked, Fire Poker?"

I frowned at him."Do not call me that please.How did I not wake up on a drive from Trenton to New York City?Are you sure? I've never been this far from home before."

The furthest I'd ever been from Von Chur Manor was to the front gate when I riding my bicycle.