| 3 |

Penelope

The week that followed was spent in the moderately sized room I was put in by Grayson.He would come in occasionally to keep me company since I was not allowed to leave but I was still very bored, I wanted to go outside.

Outside of this room.Outside of this house.

Sometimes I would hear lots of unfamiliar voices passing outside the door or below the window.I was tempted to ask for help but for all I knew, those people worked for that man.

Sin.

I had not seen him again since that day and boy, was I glad.He scared me beyond my wits, not that I had many of those either.

"Come on, Penelope.You are smart, do you hear me?You are a flipping genius, get out of here!Make a foolproof escape plan and leave! Get out while you still can, before they sell you to the mafia and make you a sex slave."I stopped pacing at the thought."What?!No!Shut up, you don't even know how to have sex, I'm pretty sure mafia people don't want to have sex with virgins."

"Virgins are in high demand actually."His cold, emotionless voice maked me jump as I faced him."You would make us good money."

I swallow to try and get rid of the lump in my throat."No.That isn't what I meant, I'm actually not a virgin,"I lied through my teeth."I haven't been one for a while.I have sex all the time, it's crazy."I laughed uncomfortably.

"Of course."I could tell he didn't believe me.

"Sex."I blurted out."That's all it is for me.Sex, sex, sex!All the time."

He stalked his way towards me like a predator to its prey.And I definitely felt like a doe with this tiger coming to me, his dark eyes locking me in place."So I wouldn't be unsatisfied if I gave you a try before sending you to one of the whorehouses?Would you be able to bring me pleasure?Take me deep into that little mouth of yours as I fuck you?"

By that time we were already chest to chest or should I say nose to chest because he was miles taller than me.I was pretty sure my face matched my hair but I managed to squeak out a 'yes'.

He suddenly felt angry, which was very weird but incredibly scary at the same time.The look on his face didn't change nor did he tense but his energy changed.It felt colder, more dangerous and sinister.He felt angry.

"Never lie to me, Penelope.I know everything about you and I do not like liars."He said, his tone chilly.He grabbed my chin making me look at him."I have spoken to your father about his debt to me.He has settled it by giving you to me to be my bride."

He turned to leave but I had questions."Wait!What do you mean?Did my father sell me to you, he would never do that.I cannot marry you, I need to go to college.Party.Have sex.Fall in love and get married.And have children.Why would I marry you?I don't even know you!"I pulled my hair in frustration.

"Jacques did not sell you to me, he owed me a debt that he settled using you.And you can marry me because you will, you have no choice in the matter.A merchant must give their pound of flesh."He stared deep into my eyes as I still thinking over the odd reference to the Shakespearean play."You want a party?Get ready, tonight we announce our engagement to the Familia.You want sex?We will have plenty to consummate our marriage and much more after that.I cannot give you love but the marriage is a given.And children.You will bare children for Familia."

I glared at him."I have a choice.I always have a choice, you do not own me."

He returned my glare with more intensity."If you want a choice, I'll give you one;your father's life or your hand in marriage."