| 10 |

Sin

I quickly got off Bronwyn, ignoring her whines of protest and the odd lilt in her voice when she spoke."What the hell, Sin, we aren't done."

I pulled on my pants,"We are.I need to leave."

I ran out of the hotel room and into the empty hallway.The elevator was going up so Penelope could not have gotten in it.I ran down the stairs, hardly hearing her fast footsteps going down the steps.She had about a seven flight advantage on me but I followed her either way.

Why was she here in the first place?How did she know I would be here, with Bronwyn?

Somebody must have told her, she obviously did not know what she would find in that suite judging by the way she was running now and the tears in her eyes when I saw her.The sound of her sobs that broke me out of my lust-filled haze with Bronwyn.

I reached the lobby and looked around for any sign of my wife but I couldn't see her red hair anywhere.I patted my pockets and luckily found my phone.I dialled Josef.

"Boss."His voice filtered through the speaker.

"Is Penelope with you?"I didn't bother beating around the bush as I walked out the hotel that has probably ruined my marriage and looked around.It was fairly dark since it was late and the streetlights were dim, being very old.

"No, Boss.She said she was meeting you at 6 Pillars and that I could leave after I dropped her off.I assumed you would be riding together."He explained suddenly sounding nervous.

I clenched my fists."How did she know I was here?I told you to tell me whenever she left the penthouse, Josef."

I knew it was wrong of me to take out my frustrations on Josef but Penelope was wandering the streets of New York unprotected with members of the Outfit and Trenton Crime Syndicate roaming the streets.With the amount of tension between the Mafia's right now, I wouldn't out it passed one of them take her to get to me.They would not kill her, afraid of starting a war but they would very much rough her up within an inch of life if they wanted.

"She told me you texted her to go to 6 Pillars.If I had known, I would have never taken her without informing you first.I will get a couple of guys and we will begin looking for her."

I hung up and called Grave.He picked up after five rings."This better be good."

"Track Penelope's phone."

"What happened?"I heard the change of tone in his voice and it irked me.

All of my brother's had taken quite the liking towards the red head, even Killer though I knew he would give up his Swiss Army knife before he admitted it.I would not bother lying to myself because I knew I was envious of them.Even though we had gotten considerably closer since we got married, I knew she was still afraid of me.I would see it in her eyes whenever I got back from handling a rat or spy sent by Fallucci or Rivera.She wouldn't make eye contact with me until the next day, when I was clean of the blood and whatever else I was covered in.

After the first couple of times, I noticed how much it bothered her so I made sure to get home after I knew she was asleep and leave before she got up the next day to give a little space to collect herself.I didn't want her to see me like that.It was odd, the way I felt about her.The way I always wanted to protect her and keep her safe, not just because she was a valuable asset acquired from Shylocking but because she was my wife.My partner.