Chapter 1: The Paper Airplane

Trivera and I met in first grade. Trivera was always the talkative girl in class, the rebellious, and adventurous. I, Avice, was always the quiet one in the front of the room, so I could pay more attention to the teacher.

Then, that one faithful day, that rebellious first grader threw an awfully folded paper airplane when the teacher's back was turned. The paper plane was thrown to Trivera's best friend at the time, Layanna. Before the plane could reach her, it turned and flew, like a hunter's arrow towards a deer, and hit the back of my head.

It stuck in my braid. I reached arournd and grabbed it. I look to see where it had come from. In the back, was a girl with her long black hair in a side braid, with a big quirky smile, waving at me. I was a little confused. No one ever waved at me because I was a goody-two-shoes and not liked in general.

After class ended we all headed out for recess. I held the plane in my hands and walked up to the girl who threw it.

"Here," I said. She took the plane.

"I'm Trivera, by the way." She paused thinking I would state my name. "And what's your's?"

"Avice." I say.

"Do you want to be friends?" Trivera says.

"Ya! It'd be fun!"

"Like, best friends?" Trivera asked holding out her pinky.

"Like best friends forever!" I said my pinky linked with hers.