Chapter 2: Leaving Home

Trivera and I are 18 now. Our parents agreed to let us go on a cruise. We're both super exited! We get to go to a few tropical islands. Being with Trivera, I know it'll be an adventure worth going on. A totally new experience, I can't wait!

"Aves! Come on the ship leaves the harbor in an hour!" Trivera calls up the stairs.

"I know! I just have to fit one more book in my suit case!"

Trivera enters my messy room to see me on my floor, shoving books in my suit case. "Aves, it's summer! Why do you need to have these? We'll be too busy having fun for you to read... Wait. How many books do you have?"

"Well," I say. "I have five books on my phone that I haven't started yet, three on my kindle, and two paper back books!" I look up smiling.

She rolls her eyes. "Ya. But why do you need them?"

'To drown my thought in other places so I don't have to think about reality and the real wold and everything in it.' I think, but I don't dare say it aloud.

"To be taken away from reality, to be someone else, to live someone else's life!" I simply state.

"But it's all fake. It isn't real." She says leaning against the wall.

"Just because they're on paper doesn't mean they're not real. And anyways, even if they aren't real, they will always be real to me."

She shrugs. "Whatever. Now are you ready?"

"I think so." I say looking at my suitcase.

"Three. Two. One." Trivera whispers.

"I'm missing my binder!" I shriek. I grab it and shove it it into my book bag. "I have my toothbrush, toothpaste, jewelry, clothes, pajamas, brush, pencils, a change of shoes, and my chargers." I say pointing at each of them. I zip up my suitcase and head down the stairs with Trivera by my side.

When I get down stairs, my dad hollers from the kitchen for me to come say bye to him. Then, my mom running from the living room and hugs me. Trivera and I say good bye and we head out the door.