Chapter 6: The Set-Up

I did not make any of these dresses. My friend geek05 did. Thank you.

I still can't believe I punched him. I am no longer single. I'm dating Taiwo. Talk about impossible! I think as I read on my bed. I bury my nose further in the book.

"Hey!" Trivera shouts. I raise my hand signaling I heard her. "Guess what I just did?!" I mark my place in my book and set it down.

"What did you do this time?" I say rolling my eyes.

"No, this is good!" She stands up straighter. "Double date. Tomorrow night at 6. You and Taiwo and me and Tam."

"You didn't," I say.

"I did!" She jumps up as if she'll never come down from a cloud of happiness.

"Did you not see me punch him in the face?" I say.

"You did what?!" Her cloud happiness turned gray and she was forced to land.

"Ya," I say.

"But Tam said he already asked him if he wanted to go on a double date and he said Taiwo said he'd love to." Trivera twiddles her thumbs.

"So you planned this whole thing behind my back?" I say trying to remain calm.

"Well sorta," she says looking down. "Besides this was the only way to get you in a fancy dress."

"I didn't bring a dress!" I say my mind swirling.

Trivera jumps back up to her cloud of happiness then runs over to her suit case. She digs for a little while. I sit there waiting and I reach around to grab my book when Trivera says, "close your eyes." I do as she says.

Moments later she says, "M'kay. Open 'em!"

I'm reluctant to open my eyes, but eventually, I do as she says. Trivera holds up two beautiful dresses. One is a pale blue that's short in the front and grows longer in the back with a black belt that has gold on it. The other is white with a floral design.

"Where are we going for this double date anyways?" I question.

"That fancy restaurant!" She exclaims.

"Greeat," I say with false enthusiasm.

"It'll be fun! Now quit your whinnying!" She pauses. "Now, go try this on. I want to see how it looks on you." She gives up the short dress and I go try it on.

After I get my dress on, I peek through the door. I emerge into the room. Trivera clasps her hands over her mouth and gasps.

"Really, I'm not THAT pretty!" I look down and tuck a strand of my hair behind my ear.

"You really are beautiful," someone says as they place their hand on my shoulder.

My reflexes kick before I have a chance to stop them. I grab the arm and twist it like a pretzel. I push the guy up against the wall.

"Whoops." I say looking into Taiwo's eyes. I release him.

Trivera can't help, but laugh. "You think you would have learned from the first time!" She falls on the bed.