Chapter Thirty

"I can't believe you're mad at me for that petty thing. And you always say I'm arguing over petty things? Look at you!" I point to him.

He keeps his gaze down but I know his eyes were boring into the counter, fighting the urge to yell at me. But what did he expect? I can't help it that my boobs are extra perky.

"Is it something with pregnant women where they just don't care about anything or anyone anymore?" He asks blinking up at me. A smirk that doesn't reach his eyes. I crease my eyebrows and cut my eyes at him.

"You're being an ass right now ", I retort. He shakes his head and walks over to his table and sits by his food.

I walk over to him and rest my hands on the table. "Just forget it", he grumbles. I shake my head. I've been waiting for him to say what's really on his mind.

"No tell me. Tell me what you've been dying to say for the last few months. Come on, don't be scared to tell me", I say egging him on. He sticks the fork in the meat and lifts it to his mouth then glares at me.

"Catalina, I've had a long day at work. I just want to go to bed", he says calmly. I know just what to say to get him ticked off

"You've gone soft on me Lino. What happened? I've noticed you've gone soft. Pregnancy is affecting you more than it is me-"

Words of anger flew from his mouth that I never thought he'd even think, let alone say out loud. He knew instantly from the look in my eyes that they'd hit their mark. In that instant he reached forward for me but I pulled back and walked to the living room.

He's too fast and he pulls me back against his chest, bonding my arms with his big hands. "Baby, I'm sorry"
"Don't bother, you meant every word", I said, trying to get out his hold. I also felt embarrassed that I was crying.

Just then, the door shook as someone pounded on the door. My hands that were fisted relaxed and hugged him closer. He turned his hard glare to the door and went to approach it. "Baby, I'm scared. Who's that? Do you think it's someone for you or me?"

His eyes softened and he caressed my cheeks before kissing my forehead. "Go back in the living room. I'll handle it", he whispers before walking to the drawer and taking out his gun. My heart sank when I realized how dangerous the situation could get. I walked back to the living room and sat on the couch.

The door opened and all I heard was, "Good night, is Catalina here?"

That voice sounded familiar. I got up and walked back to the living room and I felt like barfing when I saw Mac standing by the door.

His eyes blinked my way and I saw the shock register on his lips before he could hide it when he saw my growing stomach. He glanced between me and Lino and put the dots together. I instinctively rested my hands on my stomach and gave him the best smile I could manage. He looks so different too. His hair is longer and he had a beard and everything. What has he been doing?

"H-how are you?" He asks, nervously. "I'm-", I clear my throat, "I'm doing great. How are you, Mac?"

He shrugs, "I'm living. I got your address from Ms. Morales, your neighbor."

"Yeah. That's all nice and dandy but what are you doing here?" Lino asks, glaring at him. His smile fades and he turns back to cringe under Lino's hard glare. My heart pangs and I walk over and put my hand on Lino's. "The last time I saw him, he was giving up your life for his'. And you want to talk to him?"

"Yes. Give us a second baby". He sighs and turns to Mac with another death glare then stalks back to the table.

I wait until he's round the corner and smile softly at him. "How are you, Mac?"

"I've been good. Just doing my thing. I'm sorry if I upset Lino. I would've called but-"
"Don't worry about it. We were friends before we got together, what's up?"

His face visibly relaxes and he sighs in relief and hands me a paper. "I'm hoping you could meet me here tomorrow afternoon. There's something important I gotta talk to you about"

I crease my eyebrows and take the paper, looking at it. The bridge just outside of this town. It's a bridge known by this town-folk for reformation. I look up at him, in confusion.

"It's important", he says softly. I inhale and nod slowly. "Alright". He smiles curtly then pats my shoulder before walking back into the night. I feel sorry for him. He looks like he's been through a lot.

~

I tie my hair up in a messy bun and cream my legs as I sit on the bed. Lino is brushing his teeth in the bathroom. He hasn't said much to me since Mac showed up. I don't even know what's on his mind. His face is blank but his eyes give him away. He's thinking. A thinking Lino is like a ticking time bomb. I run my hands up my arms and then walk in the bathroom beside him.

I wash my hands as he rinses out his mouth and takes the towel, drying his mouth. I dry my hands and then take a chance and rest a lingering touch on his strong back. I see him tense up and look down at the sink, where bubbles of water are scattered around. He's worried. Feeling insecure maybe.

I kiss his shoulder and look at him through the mirror "Are you feeling insecure?". His eyes linger over to the counter and the average person wouldn't see such a subtle nod. I run my hands around his back to the front of his pants, I run my hands down to his crotch and rub and tug until I feel him getting hard in my grasp. He grips the sides of the counter until his knuckles turn white and I send my hand in and start pumping him with my hands. Silently thanking God for deciding to use petroleum jelly.

He hisses and throws back his head, sucking his bottom lip between his teeth and I lower my vest so he can see my breasts. His eyes turn dark as he captures them in his stare and I work harder, twirling and tightening my hand around him as he involuntarily thrusts into my hand as well.

Soon, he's bending his head and groaning softly as he explodes in my hand. His hands tremble a little as he bends and rests his elbows on the counter. "I'm sorry you felt that way. I had to remind you that I don't want or love anyone else but you, okay?"

He finally looks up at me, and his eyes are now soft and looking tired. "I love you", he whispered. I kissed his shoulder again and washed my hands as I headed back out to bed.

He eventually comes back out in different boxers and turns off the light before lying next to me. I lie on my back and feel him hug me close doing his usual position. Hand under my shirt and around my belly. Back close to front.

"Chula can you just do one thing for me?"
"What?"
"...Promise me you won't go meet Mac. I heard what he said when I was going to the kitchen". I swallowed the lump in my throat. I don't know if that's a promise I can keep.

"Okay"
"Promise me"
"Okay, I promise"
"Okay. Say you love me"
"I love you, Lino"
I hear him sigh in relief and he squeezes me close while nuzzling his nose in my neck. "Say it again", he breathes. "I love you", I say softly.

I love him but...what's happening with Mac seems serious and I have to be there for my friend. He was there for me multiple times before and just one mistake shouldn't eclipse forgiveness. I just hope Lino doesn't have to find out.

_________________

Yes! I just did that! Lol.

Let's see if Catalina meets Mac?
What does he wanna talk about?
Will Lino find out?
What happens if he does?

-T