In another life

"Elsa! Wow! You're.. you're.. you're-" Massimo was completely shocked, and at a loss for words.

"I'll help you out." Jimmy smiles. "She's pregnant. Surprise! Thank you for the flowers, now will you please go away?"

"Jimmy wait." Elsa says. "Massimo, what are you doing here?  Is everything alright?"

"Yeah.. yeah, I.. I was just in the neighborhood."

"You live in California."

"Yes, yes I do!"

"You brought these flowers?" Elsa points to the bouquet.

"Well yeah, cause they were having a sell on-on.. on flowers and-"

"Honey, can I have a chat with Massimo for just a second?" Elsa turns to Jimmy.

"Uh.."

"He won't do anything! Look how terrified he got when he saw my belly! He might shite himself when I tell him it's twins!"

"Twins?!" Massimo's eyes widen, and he stumbles back a bit.

"Yep! Freaky, huh?"

"Wow.. I think I'm gonna faint."

"That's exactly what I said when the doctor told me I was pregnant!" She chuckles.

"I guess I'll.. take a walk. I'll be back." Jimmy places his hand on Elsa's back, and kisses her cheek.

"Muah. Love you."

"Love you too." Jimmy says before leaving them alone.

Now that Elsa and Massimo are alone, Elsa asked if he wanted to sit.

"Can you move, Massi?" She asks.

"I don't know. I'm just so shocked."

"It's okay. It's surprising, I know.
Just sit.. let's talk."

Massimo sits down and sighs.

"I love you too, Massimo." Elsa places her hand on his thigh.

"You do?"

"Of course! I always have, Massi.
.. And I always will."

"I just.. I always knew it was you.  I always knew you were the one.. but I pushed those feelings away because I knew I hurt you already, and I didn't want to hurt you again." Massimo shakes his head and continues. "But I wanted to find you.. I wanted to tell you how much I loved you.  Every single day I thought about you, Elsa."

"I was here, Massimo."

"I know and I hate myself for not coming sooner! I love you so much, Elsa."

"I love you.. our love was, and always will be special.
.. but Jimmy and I are in love, Massimo. He wants to be around me twenty four seven!
I know in my heart that he would never ever leave me."

"Like I did." Massimo sighs and looks down.

"Yes. Massimo, I wanted to marry you! We might have had our own babies!" Elsa smiled through her tears.

"I'm sorry if this hurts you but.. I'm glad you left when you did. If you didn't, I would have never met Jimmy. Say you and I got married and had kids.. would you have just walked out on us?
I love Jimmy, and I love our babies more than anything in this world." Elsa holds her bump.

"It wasn't always that way, but I do love them now.  So so much.
Jimmy.. I know he's here to stay.  I would never question that.  I'm happy now, Massimo.  It's too late."

With sadness in his eyes, Massimo says, "I know.."

"In another life.. you and I will be together.." Elsa says softly caressing her thumb against his cheek.

"But in this one.."

"I know." Massimo looks down.

Elsa lifts his head back up and smiles.
She then leans in and kisses his lips.

Massimo places his hands on her back, and enjoys the feeling of finally kissing her again after all these years.

Elsa then pulls away.  Her eyes staring into his.  Massimo could feel her breath on his lips.
Elsa whispers, "Goodbye, Massimo." As she very gently touches his bottom lip with her thumb.

"Goodbye my angel."

Massimo then stands up and walks away.

"Wait!" Elsa quickly stops him.

"Yes?" Massimo turns to her.

"I've still got a while until I have these babies.." She says looking down and holding her round bump in her hands.
Elsa then looks up and continues, "Do you think you could make me some stronger legs?  Something that'll support two tiny people, and a mama who is rapidly growing bigger and bigger?"

Massimo chuckles and nods his head. "Of course, Elsa.  Anything for you." He smiles.

Elsa smiles, "Thank you, Massi."