16: Ah-thee'-nah

Leo sat beside me by the library desk, "So, you finally got your lover boy," he munched on a bag of chips, "How's it going?"

"It's okay, I'm enjoying it, a lot." I snatched away his chips, "No eating in the library."

"Hey! Just help out a friend in need, will ya?"

"I'm the librarian, I need to take responsibility for the crumbs found."

"Whatever, I didn't expect Percy to actually like you back, I usually can spectate that."

"So you're saying he... doesn't really like me?"

"No, no, I was just saying that he did a good job concealing it." He attempted to grab the chips back and I swatted his hand away, "Aw man, I bought those chip for 4 dollars."

"It's not like you're doing so good, how 'bout your girlfriend?"

"Ah, Calypso. She told me she'll be moving back to New York tomorrow, I'm still waiting."

"Congrats... It seems that you're still better than me in these relationship stuff."

Leo reached for a comic book, "You still haven't told me what your father said,"

"What?"

"About the 'All is Vanity' book,"

I typed today's report on the keyboard, "I never told you that I confronted my Dad, how did you know?"

"I just do."

"You were right, my Dad told me it was a message for my mom."

"Of course I'm right, how can I be wrong?"

"Thanks Leo,"

"For what?" he looked up from his comic book, "Did I accidentally donate 2 dollars to your GoFundMe page?"

I ignored his sarcasm, "For everything, thanks for being there when I needed someone."

"No problem, I like having a after school buddy."

He held out a fist and I fist-bumped him, "Yeah, me too."

His phone rang, "Sorry," he said, "Calypso must've finally got a signal."

He walked away but still in earshot, "Hey, babe," he talked to his girlfriend through the phone, the rest was just murmurs.

I sighed, will Percy ever talk to me that way? Wait patiently for me to come home even if it's for months? Then still have the courage to call me 'babe'? Will I ever have the love that Leo and Calypso have? I wish.