Chapter 2

The ride was bumpy and cold. Especially for someone who travel on the carriage top.

Jonathan creak opens his carriage door and called out to Wei Ying. "aren't you cold outside. You could ride inside. The snow is harsh in this hour." the boy looks at him and only shook his head.

"OK... If that your choice" he said and closed the door shut back again.

*Neigh!* the horse stop at once. The noise around could be heard. He felt walking on top of the carriage. 'Must be Wei Ying' he thought.

Suddenly, by the window, he could see men with spear in hand approaching the carriage. A group of bandit. He reaches for his hand pistol and shakily reaches for the door.

Before he gets the chance to process what happened the door open and a hand yank him out. A punch was laid on his belly,  he doubles over and collapsed.

Wei Ying waste no time in jumping in saving Jonathan from his unlikely doom. Kicks and punches delivered in this never-ending fight.

The men one by one fell to their knee. What Wei Ying doesn't notice was a man with a knife slowly creeping behind him and was only a second away from getting stab.

A tiny creature flew to him out of nowhere and into the man stomach it flew. The man double over screaming "Demons! This lot brings demons with them!"

The bandit, back on their feet look at Wei Ying in fear. "Leave and live or..." Wei Ying said with the little creature flying around him with a threatening gaze.

The bandit run while screaming "demons!" along their path while Wei Ying scowls at them.

Bit much sudden,  Jonathan sprung off his feet with a pistol in hand and push Wei Ying behind his back. "Don't worry, boy! You're safe no- where al-" he went into silence and look at Wei Ying.  "You beat 'em up?" Wei Ying nod and pull Jonathan's pistol down. "You'll blow someone heads off" and turns around to get back on the carriage top when the creature flew toward him.

Jonathan strattle and said, "What is that?!" "This is a creature of Russia крыло which translates to wing"

"Hello, sweet little thing aren't you? Feisty too. Where do you learn how to fight" the little creature do some gesture and Wei Ying nod. "Is your grandma well?" the creature nod happily and Wei Ying smile.

"You understand it?!" Jonathan shriek and Wei Ying as calm as ever said "You don't?" while raising an eyebrow. "Boy. Don't get sassy with me"

Suddenly the creature shiver and start to turn blue.

"Are you cold?" Wei Ying asks and the creature nod and look toward the carriage. Wei Ying looks pleadingly toward his supposed master and Jonathan nod. "Fine... He can travel in the carriage but... If he makes problem I cast him out." he said and look at the creature "understood?" he said with an irritated voice.

"Ivan." "what?" He looks at Wei Ying confuse. "It name. It's Ivan" "oh for God sak-it have a name now" Jonathan mumble under his breath which didn't go unnoticed by Wei Ying.

Despite the problem, they still continue their journey. But what could I say? In the carriage, it was a mess. A. Literal. Mess.

"Hey! Stop suffocating the bird you clot! Yo- that it! You're out!" with that Jonathan open the door and shoo Ivan out.

It flew sadly and see Wei Ying only the carriage top and sadly whine about the 'mean man under us'.

Wei Ying giggle and gesture it to sit under his cape so it won't be too cold.

Day by day have they rode and finally have they meet their destination.

Along the way, Jonathan has written a letter to his Darling Miss Dudley to inform some information.

Back in England, in the mansion of Lord Dudley, Emma or who was usually referred to as Miss Dudley the 2nd have finally received Jonathan letter and open it she did.

Confused and deceive she ran to her dear father and show him the letter to which he gave a gesture to the maidservant to bring the children away.

"My dear. You know that I have favour you and Jonathan together. He's a smart man. He must have a trick up his sleeve so h-" before Lord Dudley can finish his sentence a dove yet again flutter it wing landing on the shoulder of Miss Dudley to which she understood and take the mail from its feet.

She let go of the dove and start to read the letter.

"It's from Jon. Papa, You're right. He has been on a journey with a little apprentice to China"

"Dear...?" Lord Dudley called to her as he kept examined the first letter. "Do you know what this means?" he showed to his dear daughter the letter and she gasped.

This wasn't her dear love handwriting.

She read it out loud

Dear Miss Dudley,

Your dear Jonathan was in for bigger trick than he has thought. The 'Peter the Great' he was talking about in this little letter has been a fake all along.

For I, the Czar was held captive in the London tower accompanied by Master Wei. Another companion of mine you could say.

If you wish to know more, please come to visit us in the London Tower. Do not be alarmed. Please come alone and if he had sent more letter please bring it with you.

Your truest,

Peter The Great.