Chapter 6

"Since you and Master Wei were gone this clan has been falling into misfortune. But then, a maiden claiming herself to be the 'princess' came and took over. she put taxes on us, she threatened us and she even executed half of the clan who was right to assume she was a fake and you were from what I can see was a boy. We the cultivator of Liehuo Wei know that all her trick was fake and not even magic. She uses a simple mirror as the 'Seal' to fool the people of this clan. But we cultivator was hiding from sight so we could bring her down. And then, I found you."

Wei Ying was shocked, to say the least. He doesn't know who this person is but she for sure will be defeated. That is a promise he made in the name of his father. But then he remembered, what happened to his father? 

"But, what happened to father?" he looks at her as she battles herself whether or not she should tell him. She gulped and said, "He's gone..." Wei Ying looks at her in disbelief. 'No... Father couldn't be dead.'

She patted him on the shoulder, trying to soothe him. "A-Ying ah. I never tell anyone this but..." she took out a Jade string and said "This is your father's. On his last breath, he requests me to take it to you. I could've almost given it to that 'princess' if it wasn't for her significantly weak core. Our core is silver where yours is the only gold in this land. It's truly amazing how you survive the fall back in the burial mount but I guess your core explain it."  

"I just notice something, I never catch your name and how old are you?" she chuckled and said, "It's Jiang Yanli and I'm older than you so its shijie. I also have a little brother, Jiang Cheng, who was only a year older than you so, he's your gege." 

she suddenly looks around and said "Let's go. We don't want to get caught. I'll bring you to our little lair." she pulled his hand and just like that they're gone.