Research

Hey y'all!! sorry it's been a minute, i've been so busy with school and work that I've had no time to write. I'm in some easier classes now so hopefully I will have more free time!! Enjoy this next chapter!! It's my longest one yet!! Forgive me for any typos, I wrote this very late on a school night.

Back at Alaric's loft

Damon's POV

"These images tell a story, to learn the story you have to decipher the images," Ric says, looking at the pictures spread across his counter.

As he says this, Elena practices her new self defense skills on me. She tries to stab me with a fake knife but I easily stop her and correct her form. "Sloppy," I tease her. She huffs, "Shut up, I'm new at this."

"I personally think the wall will help us kill Klaus. I mean come on, there has to be some way to kill him." I respond to Ric.  Elena attempts to kick me but I easily push her leg back. "Isn't Mikael the only one who knows how to kill Klaus?" She asks breathlessly.

"Yes, who we have already found, and lost," I respond. She then tries to swing a punch at me but I grab her arm and twist her so that her back is against my chest. "Bang, you're dead," I tease her, pretending to bite her neck. I'm almost shocked by my ability to resist action biting her and touching her the way I want, god knows what being this close to her does to me. Oh the ways I could touch her and make her scream (in pleasure, not fear) if  I ever had the chance. Snap out of it Damon! Not the time!

She pulls me out of my illicit thoughts by dramatically squirming out of my grip and pushing me, not hesitating to give me a playful glare. It's so cute. How can she go from sexy one minute to adorable the next?

Author's note *please read*: I know I haven't mentioned a lot about Mikael because honestly it just makes writing this a lot more complicated for me. If I include him in the story, I have to include A LOT more components of the show that quite frankly I don't care for and would take way too much time. I just wanna get to writing Delena!! So the faster I can get through all this klaus/stefan/mikael drama, the faster we can get to Delena!! Mikael will be mentioned briefly but he will definitely not be as important as he was in the show. Sorry just thought I would explain because it might be a little confusing. Ok back to the story!!

She waltzes over to the counter to look at the pictures with Ric. "These images, at the very least, might tell us there's a weapon or something." He ponders. "Then all we have to do is find out what they mean." Elena suggests optimistically.

"Well, fine, fine. If I'm being irritatingly optimistic like you two, how do you suppose we do that?" I ask, rolling my eyes.

"Well, if it's about the original family living in Mystic Falls, then we go straight to the source." She says. I raise my eyebrows at her, unsure of what she's getting at. "I'm gonna talk to Rebekah." She indicates.

"Seriously Elena? She's an original she will snap you like a twig if she even suspects anything." I warn her.

"No, she won't. Klaus needs me for his hybrids. Besides, if she wanted to kill me, she would have done it by now." She states confidently.

"She's right Damon, it's not a bad idea," Ric tells me. "Alright, fine, what's my role in all this?" I ask, accepting the fact that I pretty much have no say in what Elena does. What she wants, she gets. Too bad she doesn't want me.

Ric is about to give me an order but Elena interrupts him. "I need you to check on Stefan. I'm obviously not getting anywhere with him." She says, sounding a bit sad at the end. "Hey, I don't wanna see you pouting over Stefan any more. He's not worth your time. Come on, we've got an original vampire to kill." I say positively, trying to cheer her up.