Yuri

I can see her walking in front of me. Her pink hair swung back and forth above her shoulders. She was wearing a white shirt and a pink... tutu? It looked like one you'd buy a little kid for Halloween, not a sixteen year old girl. I also noticed her light pink sneakers that flashed every time she took a step. God, I haven't seen those kind of shoes in years. My uncle bought me a pair for my eighth birthday. I refused to wear them. I thought about walking behind her but knew that would be rude. I caught up with her.

"Natsuki!"

She turned and smiled at me. I could see something underneath her eye, the skin looked slightly grey. I stared at it for a little too long which made her blush.

"You okay?" She asked.

"Oh, yeah I'm fine," my face flushed as we continued walking to Sayori's house.

We walked in silence. I quickly tried to find something to say but was stopped when Natsuki spoke first.

"I saw you reading a book in the club the other day. Did you bring it with you?" she asked, not looking up at me.

"Um, yeah, I did. Why?"

"I just wanted to know what it's about. It looked... interesting," there was a small smile on her face.

"W-well, it is very, uh, interesting. The book is about a young girl who, while trying to find her own meaning, discovers a dark secret about her own home and has to choose between two options. Her families deaths or her own."

It had been amazing so far. The story was so intense, especially when it mixed modern technology with old and dark magic. The main character was obviously the brave and stupid hero of the story, even though her morals are pretty bad. She didn't have the best relationship with her parents. I understood the meaning of the story before I finished the first chapter. 

"Do you think I... could read it?" She suddenly asked.

I stared at her in almost shock. I was surprised that she was even interested in the first place.

"Sure, we could read it together," I paused, realising how awkward that sounded.

"U-um, only if y-you... want to," I stammered. Why the fuck was I stuttering? This is so embarrassing.

"Uh okay. If that's alright."

"Of course it is."

We arrived at Sayori's house. It looked beautiful, flowers decorated the fence  and long vines ran down the walls from the windows to the door. We knocked on her door and waited for a response.

"You excited?" Natsuki said, pulling some of her pink hair out of her face.

"Um yeah, I've never been to a sleepover before so this is quite new to me," I don't have friends houses to go to. I've never been to Sayori's before.

"Same here, my dad hates it when I leave the house," she said.

I turned to her in surprise. 

"You haven't? I thought you would be the one who'd be going to lots of parties," I said.

"Y-yeah well, my friends do invite me but I'm never allowed. And I don't like hanging around with those people anymore so..." she pauses, trying to find the right words to say.

"Does your dad know you're here?" I asked.

"No, I don't know what he'll do if he finds out. Right now, he's probably passed out on our sofa, he usually is," her tone gets quieter and more spiteful as she speaks.

"That's a bit dark Natsuki, are you okay?"

Just as she's about to say something the door swings open and Sayori appears, dressed in a pink jumper and blue shorts. She smiles at us.

"Come on in, Monika is already here!"