"This Is What I Deserve..."

Trigger warning: Baz is raped in this! Please avoid this if that triggers you!

Baz

    This isn’t what Simon would want. I don’t care. I sit there, in the middle of the unknown-to-anyone-but-me forest, the flames licking my palms and my fingers, so hot, so burning. My mother would want this. That helps, I think. I pull out my mobile with the hand that isn’t carrying flames and shakily dial Simon’s number, he answers, “Baz? Why are you calling me at this time of day?” I feel a sob jump to my lips. This is the right thing to do. “I just…” another sob, “I just wanted to say goodbye…” and then I told him the coordinates of the forest, I don’t know why, maybe I hoped he would get here in time, but he probably couldn’t. I took another shaky breath before a threw the fire all around me.

Simon

    “I just… I just wanted to say goodbye…” as soon as I heard those words I knew what was happening, he was doing it again. I typed the coordinates into my phone and saw a forest, not far from where I was, my suspicions were confirmed. I jumped into my car and drove as fast as I could, I was met with a forest up in flames, Baz… he can’t leave me… he just “CAN’T!” then I felt something I hadn’t felt since that day with the Humdrum, magic. It welled up inside me, but it felt different from my blow ups in the past, I had complete and utter control of it, it was teeming over the edges of my body and I felt the Sword of Mages reappear on my side, I grabbed it swiftly, pointing it at the flames and yelling, “Make a wish!” as strongly and sturdily as I could. The flames drew into my sword and I fell to the ground, panting.

Baz

    I heard a booming,“Make a wish!” before the flames around me disappeared. I heard heavy panting and got up shakily, walking out to see an all too familiar sword  discarded on the ground next to an all too familiar face. His eyes opened slowly and he blinked, saw me, and rubbed his eyes a few times, probably to make sure he wasn’t seeing things. He ran up to me and I heard a breathy, “Baz…” I hugged him close, before completely breaking down, burying my head in his hair and just crying. He kept hold of my midriff, him himself crying into my shoulder. We stood there for a while, crying and muttering sweet nothings. “Baz…” I heard that same soft whisper, “Yes, Love?” was my soft spoken answer, “Why?” that question coming out of Simon’s mouth, sounding so… so broken, it broke my heart, “I thought it was what I had to do…” I whispered almost inaudibly, “I thought we were over that, Babe…” I shook my head. It was different. I bit a human. I killed that person. He might have had a family, or a pet, or- or-… I had started to calm down before that, but I was right back to sobbing. If I told Simon he would hate me, not only because I killed that guy… but because he took me. He had grabbed me by my arm and pulled me into the alley, discarding what I had been wearing and he… he… you get what I mean. Simon pulled me into the back seat of his car and held me. I tried to struggle away, I didn’t deserve him, I was tainted. “Bazzy, please.” he only called me that when he was desperate, I completely broke, telling the whole story of just 30 minutes ago, he seemed to get angrier and angrier with every word I said, when I admit that... that I had… that I killed him, Simon’s eyes widened. I didn’t try to say anything, just wiggled out of his arms and reached for the car door, before a soft, warm hand grasped my other wrist, getting me to let out a little hiss at the sting. “Baz… what are you doing?” I didn’t turn towards him. I couldn’t. “What… what you were going to do…” and suddenly I was encased in familiar, scrawny, warm arms.

Simon

Whoever did this to my sweetheart vampire, well I’d kill him if he wasn’t already dead. I could tell Baz was shocked, like he expected me to go back to thinking about him as a monster. I wanted to snort at that silly assumption, but I assumed that that would make things worse. Instead I just whispered, “Oh Bazzy…” in the softest, gentlest voice I could muster. I didn’t know how this must make him feel, being… being raped like that then blaming himself FOR it and calling himself a monster for killing the douchebag in self-defence. He continued to sob into my chest, I ran my hand through his long black hair and whispered soothing words about much I loved him. He was my Bazzy. Nothing could or would change that.

Baz

Simon. That was all I could think about. Simon. He still loves me. He still cares. He doesn’t think I’m a monster. I continued to sob, occasionally muttering questions about why or how he still loved me, but the blue-eyed mage just shushed me and reassured me each time something came out of my mouth. He pulled my face up by my chin and my ugly gray eyes met his diamond blue ones. “You are mine. I love you. You are my little sweetheart vampire, my baby, my Bastil. My Grimm. My Pitch.” hearing him say each of my names with such delicacy made his comfort all the better, he pulled me by my chin to meet those deep pools of light, diamond blue. My breath hitches, this boy in front of me, my Snow, My Rival, my enemy, but also my Lover, my lifeline. I want to kiss him,
But then he kisses me.

Words:
995