Chapter 12- A vow unfulfilled

Just so you all know this is like the fourth Time I have rewritten this chapter. and I decided to movie the story on a bit. so next time you see Jason and Rose things will have progressed. Until then lets check in with some of Jason's old friends.

 Until then lets check in with some of Jason's old friends

(The Art is Not Mine)

Penguins personal Cargo freight was docked in Gotham. The winter snow was falling all over the city blanketing the night in a biting cold freeze. Talia however didn't feel the cold lashing at her skin. She was trained from a young age to not allow external cold to affect her body, she was and always has been in complete control. That was the key to surviving the cold Japanese mountings used by her Father as a back drop to her training.

 The unforgiving nature of witch hardened her Mind and soul like a master blacksmith homing a blade. Her father was after all The demons head,a forger of Assassins, The leader of a clan of warriors so deadly many considered there deeds impossible or a fiction. yet they breath and that breath was the final thing many of there enemy's would hear in their life before it was ended by the cold unfeeling steel of a sword.

For twelve months Talia had called this vial hive of corruption named Gotham home. yet it wasn't to visit her love. A mistake made by her had brought shame on her father and the league. she had spent a year hunting the one target no one else would dare speak of. The Man made a Vow in order to be released from the league to Hunt another who wronged him. He was Talia's very own killer for three years. her solider and then he made a Vow and left to Kill his target. he failed as many do.

It is often said if a warrior or any man takes the path of Vengeance they should dig  two graves, the last being for them self. Yet the graves this man has dug are neither for the Target of the Vow or himself. leaving the Vow unfulfilled. According to league tradition he must and will die. For a Vow made to the Demons head must be completed. If not the person is a traitor. Pure and simple.

She steps through the night and being lead by one of Cobblepot's men with a modern rifle firmly in his grip.

"The Boss is through there Miss Al Gul" The thug said stopping and opening the door into yet another of The Gangsters over lavish work spaces. The man was sat behind the oak desk smoking a cigar obscuring his face behind the the smoke from his mouth.

"Ah, Talia lovely to see you darling." Cobblepot said gleefully stretching his arms out in a welcoming manner.

"I'm not your darling Oswald, and you should remember who you are addressing." Talia Stated coldly swiftly taking a seat at the desk opposite Mr Cobblepot.  "To business then" She continued

Cobblepot Took the Cigar out of his mouth and stamped it out in a fancy ash tray before folding his arms and looking Talia in the eye.  "not yet Mrs, were still waiting for my usual problem solver to Join us. " Talia like a viper lunged forward and slammed her fists on the desk in an  agitated fury.

"Dam you Oswald, I told you this is a League matter and a League matter alone" she snarled grabbing the dapper Crime lord by the scruff of his shirt. "Or do my father and I need to make it more clear" she spat removing a Knife from her coat and placing it under his neck with the speed and grace of a master Assassin.

"That's Funny, here I thought the League bread Professionals." The voice was familiar to the Deadly Vixen, even with the slight muffle of a Mask she could make out the Terminator's stern default tone. She let go of The Mob boss and turned to address the masked mercenary leaning against the door frame in full armour. The Killers sword was proudly on display its gold hilt contrasting against the blue and gold amour plates covering the mans body.  He pushed off the Door and walked over to the other occupants.

"I'm aware this is a League matter, This is not a matter of Business for me." Slade said flatly gesturing for His fellow  Assassin and their host to sit. They did so quietly them all returning to their  Professional manner. Deathstrokes Crimson eye faded as he removed his mask and placed it in front of him  before sitting. Oswald rubbed his neck for a moment before speaking.  "So Deathstroke, if your not here to collect what warrant you attending at this hour?"  he asked with an air of curiosity.

"Family, Your Target is working with my Daughter Rose." Slade said running his fingers across his silver beard answering his associate before turning to Talia. "look we have our history and yes we have our differences..."

"I understand Slade, I give you my word I will do all I can to avoid harming your girl." Talia said her voice some what warmer then the ice filled word reserved for the Mobster. Deathstroke offered out his hand with a bundle of 100 Dollar notes. "Slade that is unnecessary, I'm a mother myself you need not  buy her protection" Talia spoke with an air of alarm dripping from her voice.

"Take it, This is a contract. you or one of your people hurt her and I will come for you." Deathstroke spoke harshly forcing the Money into Talia's palm  and closing her fingers around the bills. she looked at him then back at their host.

"As you wish man of Rage." Talia spoke pocketing the bills. Deathstroke replaced his helmet before leaving in silence.

"so are you going to  deal with the Hood, after all his your creation." Penguin asked  inter locking his fingers as he leans back.

"I already have people looking into the matter now I will join them from here." Talia stood and followed the Terminator off the Ship with her heals clapping like thunder slowly fading into the  distance as the sound echoes around the ship.